Newest Member
    joxey
Annual Grinch Storm: Christmas Cataclysm

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be awesome!

The NAM overspreads a few hundred J/KG of MUcape across the region, however, more importantly in these setups is TT values get into the mid-40's...even near 50 towards the coast and KI values into the lower 30's.  Even SI drops into the lower single digits.  Lift is pretty damn strong too.

Seriously dude?

Psyched for thunder on Christmas?

Paul's new theme song:

All I want for Christmas is wind and rain, wind and rain.

All I want for Christmas is wind and rain, and high temps too.

All I want for Christmas is severe.

It's depressing with no snow. Now I know why grunge music was invented in Seattle. This is Uzi swallowing weather. This is the worst.

lol. 

No doubt.  Absolutely misery this entire month.

... Oh wait, I take that back, there were 3 or so days of snow that added up to about .75".  Those were indeed good times.

Maybe time to repost your snowblower story...

Best Snowblower story I've read, I'm gonna fire up all 3 of mine & the Snowmobile to appease the Snow Gods, then i'll blow the month old snow mounds from Thanksgiving across the yard and roar through the new fallen snow with the Polaris, just the ramblings of a bored weather observer, 38, wind NE @ 7mph, 99%RH 

Dollars to donuts, that's not happening.

At least in any instance where the power might go out, the balmy temps will keep everyone comfortable.  Nothing like the situation with the outages at Thanksgiving.

I agree with your last statement.. Perhaps folks can lay out on driveways and roofs for warmth should they lose power

12z Nam and GFS have shaved off qpf for tonight tomorrow, Actually this looks like its becoming more of a pedestrian event then anything significant

Looking increasingly likely to not reach 1" imby.. That is a pretty big reduction from the 2"+ stuff people were talking about. 

Archived