Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Annual Grinch Storm: Christmas Cataclysm

40/70 Benchmark

no it's 964, well if you live in Mooseasaki Northern Quebec I guess it is

I scratched my head at some of those post,It may topple over a moose or two up there,  Models had it in MI the other day at that strength, Now its in canada before it goes to town, Don't really need 3"+ of rain creating hydro issues

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS to me seems to coincide the strongest LLJ with the strongest lift pretty well here.  Actually looks like SNE could be right in the max zone as far as rainfall totals are concerned.  Ryan made mention of the PWATS and they are pretty nasty juicy on the GFS, just up over 1.5'' region wide.  

While the system is certainly it's deepest well north of Michigan into Canada, it's undergoing fairly rapid cyclogenesis as it moves northward through the OV region and that will allow for the LLJ to continue increasing as well over our region.  This also continues to indicate we are looking at a several hour period of very strong winds on Thursday...maybe near HWW criteria?  

This system is pretty amazing though.  Back over the OV you have a very intense 120+ knot MLJ streak begining to round the base of the trough...typically this is a sign that the system is at or close to reaching maturity, however, that doesn't seem to be the case here...perhaps being aided from phasing from the PJ but the MLJ streak doesn't reach maturity until over SNE where the gFS has 140+ knot MLJ streak...that is crazy.  

Archived