Wednesday/Night Storm Obs

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol.

He was told for days he'd do well.

You can lead a QPF queen to water....

You guys act like you would've rather been here than in SNE and it was obvious looking at guidance. No one was looking at that guidance lately and being like "oh I'm jealous of where PF is, that far NW corner is where I want to befor this storm," lol.

With that same set of guidance you'd still want to roll the dice in SNE at your homes, except maybe Scooter.

But read the NNE thread, I liked 3-6" or 4-8" up here. None of you would've gone any higher too haha. But I know you like to poke fun ;)

Ray, keep in mind a lot of those mesos flipped anyone north and east back at the back end of the storm. Looked like best signal was n orh county and near us. It'll be ugly going snow, ton of sleet, to snow if we do.

I'm mobile and out of the loop on hires models now. Someone perhaps can check out if that is still modeled?

(Hrrr/rap)

31.2F SN

7.2" new snow

1.1" past hour

Just took a 6h 40m snow core and melted it down. This stuff is dense.

7.2" snow

0.76" w.e.

CON had 0.95" at 23Z. The snow is getting less dense now though with the temp dropping down to 31F. All afternoon it was 31.5F to 31.9F.

Looks like 6-8" so far in the Lakes Region.  Back edge in NJ moving up rapidly.  Maybe we are good for 3 more hours so 9-11" would be my final guess, perhaps a bit more if the back stuff with thundersnow would make it this far NW

You guys act like you would've rather been here than in SNE and it was obvious looking at guidance. No one was looking at that guidance lately and being like "oh I'm jealous of where PF is, that far NW corner is where I want to befor this storm," lol.

With that same set of guidance you'd still want to roll the dice in SNE at your homes, except maybe Scooter.

But read the NNE thread, I liked 3-6" or 4-8" up here. None of you would've gone any higher too haha. But I know you like to poke fun ;)

3-6/4-8 was probably low end up there. I remember saying days ago you'd get >6.

I def thought that interior SNE would do a bit better but let's not pretend it's a shock if you get 10"+. :lol:

Archived