amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Wednesday/Night Storm Obs

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a bizarre system overall. Im sure with the benefit of hindsight we'll be able to point o a few red flags but I'm not sure it was really forecastable beforehand.

We know BL wasn't the issue. 32-33 was common right to the cp by 14-15z. But the big WCB slug never really performed.

It was a bizarre system overall. Im sure with the benefit of hindsight we'll be able to point o a few red flags but I'm not sure it was really forecastable beforehand.

We know BL wasn't the issue. 32-33 was common right to the cp by 14-15z. But the big WCB slug never really performed.

Looks like Wankum's map was solid haha

Yeah when the QPF doesn't happen...nothing you can really do. 

Concord MA has been freezing rain for 2+ hours - maybe 2" on ground. ground temp has fallen slightly - 31ish, 1/2 degree or so in last hour. never saw rain after turn to snow. love to get some add'l snow so I can XC ski early tomorrow AM.

I wonder if we had great lift 3-7 pm if mid levels would have cooled enough here in orh

I think some of it was drying too above h6-h7. The lift can be there but it won't be as effective if you have dry snow growth region. The latent cooling is reduced. If we had good production above the marginal warm later, latent cooling would really help keep it in check. As is often the case, it probably wasn't a single factor but a combo or two or three.

Archived