• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread

Whitelakeroy

If I were our good friend in Gaylord, I would be losing it...going from feet of snowfall and single-digit temps down to ~zero snow depth in 2 days.

Personally I thought this "torch" would only last 24-36 hours and would preserve about half of their snowpack.  But it will end up lasting twice as long...and has been warmer than I expected.  There just wasn't much antecedent cold air (which is strange given the arctic cold 3-5 days ago)...as evidenced by the fact that MSP warmed up close to 50 degrees on the "backside" of the low.

The only silver lining is that it's still November, so a thaw like this is somewhat expected.

Somehow the Bears pulled that one out...what a disaster.  I think the announcers mentioned that it was the fewest offensive yards for the Bears in a win since 2006.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were our good friend in Gaylord, I would be losing it...going from feet of snowfall and single-digit temps down to ~zero snow depth in 2 days.

Personally I thought this "torch" would only last 24-36 hours and would preserve about half of their snowpack.  But it will end up lasting twice as long...and has been warmer than I expected.  There just wasn't much antecedent cold air (which is strange given the arctic cold 3-5 days ago)...as evidenced by the fact that MSP warmed up close to 50 degrees on the "backside" of the low.

The only silver lining is that it's still November, so a thaw like this is somewhat expected.

Somehow the Bears pulled that one out...what a disaster.  I think the announcers mentioned that it was the fewest offensive yards for the Bears in a win since 2006.

I myself looked outside and saw the green grass for the first time in a week and was thinking f$% torch. But then I realized it IS November and I shouldnt have had white for a week anyway. Regardless of how much or little snow anyone on this forum got, we ALL dealt with the ridiculous out-of-season cold, so we are all kind of already adjusted to winter, body and mind :lol:. Its just not time...so if we do go into some relaxation period in early December, it will be irritating but certainly not surprising nor worrying. And up north will regain their snowpack quickly Im sure. For us in the Chicago-Detroit area, yes its normal to see shots of snow and cold starting in November, but its actually more normal than not for winter to not even come in for a sustained period of time for another 3-4 weeks

I see that "Storm Mode" is in effect. Who's going to be the extra moderators in our subforum?

Swear to god those I-95 weenies are like a bus load of folks with A.D.D. and a Ritalin shortage when an 'L' shows up east of the apps.

I admit, I'm just bitter, we never get a storm mode west of the apps.  C'mon Hoosier!  Next Texas Hooker...you need to be lobbying hard!

Swear to god those I-95 weenies are like a bus load of folks with A.D.D. and a Ritalin shortage when an 'L' shows up east of the apps.

I admit, I'm just bitter, we never get a storm mode west of the apps.  C'mon Hoosier!  Next Texas Hooker...you need to be lobbying hard!

I'm pretty sure we had storm mode for GHD 2011.

But that was it (as far as I remember).

Archived