joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News anchor on the Indy news this morning freaking out about the 7 day forecast, which of course gets relatively cold next week. So she says to the TV met, and I'm paraphrasing..."well, we were dealing with a lot more snow and cold last year at this time, so at least we got that going for us". The OCM proceeded to agree with her. Polar Vortex of doom was also mentioned.  :arrowhead:  :wacko2:  :fever:

News anchor on the Indy news this morning freaking out about the 7 day forecast, which of course gets relatively cold next week. So she says to the TV met, and I'm paraphrasing..."well, we were dealing with a lot more snow and cold last year at this time, so at least we got that going for us". The OCM proceeded to agree with her. Polar Vortex of doom was also mentioned.  :arrowhead:  :wacko2:  :fever:

That early November storm last year was a whopper...LAF shut down for days by snow.

And days and days of below zero temps.

And of course, all the snow from that winter didn't melt until Mother's Day.

People are really weather stupid.

It's funny how the polar vortex seemed to be "discovered" last winter, when it's been mentioned in literature for decades.  And it's not like last winter was the first time there were PV intrusions into the lower 48.

This new era of overhyping everything is becoming almost comical.  Accuwx had the headline, 'Polar Vortex to Blast 200 Million with Arctic Air'. TWC always seems to have something along the lines of, 'Millions Impacted'.  I wonder what people will go to next if they wear out polar vortex before its even Thanksgiving.

It's funny how the polar vortex seemed to be "discovered" last winter, when it's been mentioned in literature for decades.  And it's not like last winter was the first time there were PV intrusions into the lower 48.

Always something new to stir up the public's emotions. Plus, now they have the Typhoon/PV combo of death...that apparently will lead us into the next ice age. Well, I'm exaggerating a tad there...but, geez louise.

And days and days of below zero temps.

And of course, all the snow from that winter didn't melt until Mother's Day.

People are really weather stupid.

It was around Memorial Day here in Detroit before the 10 foot snowpack was finally gone

(thats how the winter of 2013-14 will be described in a few decades)

This new era of overhyping everything is becoming almost comical.  Accuwx had the headline, 'Polar Vortex to Blast 200 Million with Arctic Air'. TWC always seems to have something along the lines of, 'Millions Impacted'.  I wonder what people will go to next if they wear out polar vortex before its even Thanksgiving.

This is something that has been driving me nuts.  The media now cannot talk about weather events without starting with "X million Americans... !!!"  It needs to stop.

hmmmm?? Blizz of 78 tracked to where?

Might wanna go a lil further east.. lol  Guessing between Toledo and Sandusky?

Oh and crawling due north.. :whistle:

Normally I would prefer east of Toledo but I think we would've been ok here if the 78 storm took that track due to the angle of the track as the storm got fairly far east before making that sharp turn north.

Archived