• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread

Whitelakeroy

Why would the Chicago people join you if it's a continuation of last year's winter season?  :wacko:

It's a continuation of last winter season except Chicago so far has been in the screw zone as well.  One nice system north in early-mid November, then one nice system in the southern part of the subforum, Michigan with frequent light accumulating snows, meanwhile the grass has yet to be completely covered here and Chicago/Quad Cities while we enjoy subzero wind chills and a subsequent warmup when we get another big storm opportunity.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Through Monday MKE had 1.9" of snow on the season, which was 1.1" above normal.

Wiwx is being wiwx.

They got the brunt of the snow with that one, while the north side got a generous inch at best.  It's hard not to compare to other locales when you have a brutally cold start to winter and are seeing barely whitened grass.

It's a continuation of last winter season except Chicago so far has been in the screw zone as well. One nice system north in early-mid November, then one nice system in the southern part of the subforum, Michigan with frequent light accumulating snows, meanwhile the grass has yet to be completely covered here and Chicago/Quad Cities while we enjoy subzero wind chills and a subsequent warmup when we get another big storm opportunity.

ORD has 2.0" on the season thus far, which is above normal.

It's a continuation of last winter season except Chicago so far has been in the screw zone as well.  One nice system north in early-mid November, then one nice system in the southern part of the subforum, Michigan with frequent light accumulating snows, meanwhile the grass has yet to be completely covered here and Chicago/Quad Cities while we enjoy subzero wind chills and a subsequent warmup when we get another big storm opportunity.

lol worthy. 

We've had more snow than the last 5 Novembers combined I believe and I've seen snow flying now 8 days in a row. 

The longterm median November total snowfall for Milwaukee is 1.6". That's from 130 years of record keeping.

18 times in November has Milwaukee had 6.0"+ of total snowfall.

There have been long stretches of Novembers not getting to 6" of snowfall before. 1897 to 1924 failed to do so, and is the longest such streak. Other November 6"+ "droughts": 1927 to 1939...1960 to 1970...1978 to 1988...and the current run of 1996 to 2013.

November total snowfall at ORD through the 18th.

2013: 0.4"

2014: 1.9"

Try again.

Regardless, really cold or not...November is not a snowy month for a lot of us.

The longterm median November total snowfall for Milwaukee is 1.6". That's from 130 years of record keeping.

18 times in November has Milwaukee had 6.0"+ of total snowfall.

There have been long stretches of Novembers not getting to 6" of snowfall before. 1897 to 1924 failed to do so, and is the longest such streak. Other November 6"+ "droughts": 1927 to 1939...1960 to 1970...1978 to 1988...and the current run of 1996 to 2013.

We're talking about not even getting to 3.1" of snow in November the last 18 years lol.  Don't know why you are putting those facts out when they don't surprise me.  I'm not expecting 6" of snow, but getting to 4" in November sometime in my time of tracking weather shouldn't be too tough given climo.

We're talking about not even getting to 3.1" of snow in November the last 18 years lol.  Don't know why you are putting those facts out when they don't surprise me.  I'm not expecting 6" of snow, but getting to 4" in November sometime in my time of tracking weather shouldn't be too tough given climo.

Nov 2005: 4.6"

Nov 2008: 3.0"

By that logic, Cyclone should not have complained all last season, as he saw above normal snowfall.  You are too bottom line with this.  The right to complain is more subjective than objective when talking about weather.

It's November, no one should be complaining about above average snow. I mean come on...

White stuff (flurries, light snow) has been in the air almost constantly for much of the last week, we have been below freezing all of that time, yet we have almost completely bare ground to show for it.  It's tough to see so many places get blitzed with snow when we get flakes that disintegrate into the ground if they make it there, and as much or more bitter cold than many of these same places (Buffalo and much of W Michigan probably didn't see below zero wind chills).  If next week bombs out with no snows over 2", I may start lighting up this thread because if there's one November we should see a lot of snow, it would be this one and so far it's a continuation of last year's winter season.  Join me on this dark side, Cyclone and the Chicago peeps. :devilsmiley::axe:

Last 19 years, pretty much nothing lol.  Still doesn't take away the fact that fall, which is the most boring season to begin with, has to last even longer because we have to wait until December for our first legit snow threat.  Our last 18 Novembers before this one, I think the most snow we have had in November has been 3.0".  Our old average was around 3.5" (that has since changed for obvious reasons).  I thought this was the November that could change but now it may even be tough this year (though obviously have a pretty good chance of doing so).

They got the brunt of the snow with that one, while the north side got a generous inch at best.  It's hard not to compare to other locales when you have a brutally cold start to winter and are seeing barely whitened grass.

By that logic, Cyclone should not have complained all last season, as he saw above normal snowfall.  You are too bottom line with this.  The right to complain is more subjective than objective when talking about weather.

I do notice you are right, I looked this up a couple weeks ago and I could've sworn November 2008 was our snowiest since 1995.  Still, one season in 18 over 3.0" when our longterm average had been 3.5" is loltastic (though I'm sure many other regional cities are as well).

You know it.

Ice_cube_gif.gif

Yeah you can stop.

You know, anytime would be great.

This is ridiculous and you know it (or maybe you don't...in which case, move to the Northeast).

wisconsinji

This, wisconsinblizz also works.

Ice_cube_gif.gif

Yeah you can stop.

You know, anytime would be great.

This is ridiculous and you know it (or maybe you don't...in which case, move to the Northeast).

This, wisconsinblizz also works.

So apparently you can't even complain in the complaint thread anymore without getting ripped apart.  My partially green and partially white grass would beg to differ that our snowfall is above normal this month (part of the reason why I think we should have more permanent reporting sites).  We had some of the heavier snow with the clipper/disturbance this morning, and it was still a half inch accumulation at best.  None of you answered why Cyclone has free reign to complain when Davenport had over 50" last season, but I do not without getting ripped apart.

So apparently you can't even complain in the complaint thread anymore without getting ripped apart.  My partially green and partially white grass would beg to differ that our snowfall is above normal this month (part of the reason why I think we should have more permanent reporting sites).  We had some of the heavier snow with the clipper/disturbance this morning, and it was still a half inch accumulation at best.  None of you answered why Cyclone has free reign to complain when Davenport had over 50" last season, but I do not without getting ripped apart.

IT'S NOVEMBER

post-384-0-72540200-1416448987_thumb.png

post-384-0-39155300-1416449123_thumb.jpg

Ok, so you're a half inch below normal for this month. With a 66 year average at 2.7" (NOT 3.5"), you're still probably going to end up above average this month if the forecast plays out.

I don't care, the wind chill has been like winter, but with virtually no snowcover, I can complain. :bag:

No you can't because it makes you look completely asinine. Oh and don't even compare yourself to cyclone, he didn't complain until the end of the year and he had every right to at that point after everyone in the forum except him got a huge snowfall last year. The two do not even remotely compare with each other.

attachicon.gifmilwaukee.png

attachicon.gifmilwaukeesnow.JPG

Ok, so you're a half inch below normal for this month. With a 66 year average at 2.7" (NOT 3.5"), you're still probably going to end up above average this month if the forecast plays out.

No you can't because it makes you look completely asinine. Oh and don't even compare yourself to cyclone, he didn't complain until the end of the year and he had every right to at that point after everyone in the forum except him got a huge snowfall last year. The two do not even remotely compare with each other.

Honestly I don't care what people on a message board think of me.  If you do, you have to lighten up a little.  Nobody can do anything in this world without worrying about their reputation.  Please don't extend that sentiment to a message board.  That said, I'm going to defend my points if people are complaining about my complaining 'IN A COMPLAINT THREAD'.

Oh for crying out loud, your reputation proceeds you. It shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Also you are posting silly conclusions without looking at the data, apparently.

I probably shouldn't have posted the data because now he'll b**ch every time a month isn't a record month.

Honestly I don't care what people on a message board think of me.  If you do, you have to lighten up a little.  Nobody can do anything in this world without worrying about their reputation.  Please don't extend that sentiment to a message board.  That said, I'm going to defend my points if people are complaining about my complaining 'IN A COMPLAINT THREAD'.

You aren't defending your posts, that would require sound reasoning and logic, which is completely absent from your side of the discussion.

Archived