joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Screaming Sou'easter disco/obs 10/16/14

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to the strong southerly winds with this system, BTV is up to 80F now and just set their second straight record high...and tied the all-time October max minimum last night at 68F. 

What an all out torch with this system... yesterday's average departures BTV +21, MPV +19, MVL +18.  Today's will be even higher.  This is what 3-5 standard deviation PWATs and southerly flow do.

Also Berlin, NH (BML) is also up to 80F now!  That's incredible for 1,200ft in northern NH in mid-October.  Also pushing 80F now in the hills of southern Quebec just over the VT/NH border...even Pittsburg, NH is up to 77F.  I wonder how often Pittsburg, NH hits upper 70s this time of year.

Thanks to the strong southerly winds with this system, BTV is up to 80F now and just set their second straight record high...and tied the all-time October max minimum last night at 68F. 

What an all out torch with this system... yesterday's average departures BTV +21, MPV +19, MVL +18.  Today's will be even higher.  This is what 3-5 standard deviation PWATs and southerly flow do.

Also Berlin, NH (BML) is also up to 80F now!  That's incredible for 1,200ft in northern NH in mid-October.  Also pushing 80F now in the hills of southern Quebec just over the VT/NH border...even Pittsburg, NH is up to 77F.  I wonder how often Pittsburg, NH hits upper 70s this time of year.

1979 for late season heat.  CAR was 77/59 on both 10/22 and 10/23; that's around +27 for them.  Ft. Kent reached 79 on the 23rd, a day when I was climbing thru the slash of a fresh timber harvest about 20 miles west of Allagash Village.  Didn't expect to get soaked with sweat, or eat blackflies (weren't biting but still a nuisance in mouth, eyes, ears), the week before deer season.  One year earlier I had a 7F morning in late Oct.

Sun's popping out now--man what a haze.  Temp up 2* in the last hour or so.

68.1/67

.02"

OT--just saw that the person just diagnosed with Ebola yesterday had flown from Cleveland to DFW the day before her diagnosis.  Ummmm--not good.

Don't you think the f'n gov't would say to all those who worked on him, "No flights allowed for you until you're cleared???" WTF Clueless.

On a weather note...72.5 here

The rain is coming.

* AT 730 PM EDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS REPORTED UP TO

THREE FEET OF WATER FLOWING ACROSS ROADS IN UTICA, NY...JUST OVER THE

BORDER IN ONEIDA COUNTY. AS A RESULT...FLASH FLOODING IS ALSO

LIKELY IN PORTIONS OF WESTERN HERKIMER COUNTY.

This is an absolute PERFECT setup for extremely heavy rains and flooding...in fact, luckily we have been in a deficit rain wise or this really could be more extreme  in terms of flood potential 

Both Bos and Orh close to 70 degrees at 10pm in the middle of October

It's 71/61 up here at 10pm...also 71F over in NNH at HIE/Whitefield for the 10pm obs. East Burke at 1400ft near Lyndon State also 70/63.

Upper 60s to low 70s right now for the mountain valley radiators that were in the 20s a couple mornings ago. Even the 65F at SLK is darn impressive this time of evening and time of year. Their average low is probably near freezing right now.

It's 71/61 up here at 10pm...also 71F over in NNH at HIE/Whitefield for the 10pm obs. East Burke at 1400ft near Lyndon State also 70/63.

Upper 60s to low 70s right now for the mountain valley radiators that were in the 20s a couple mornings ago. Even the 65F at SLK is darn impressive this time of evening and time of year. Their average low is probably near freezing right now.

31F to be exact lol.

The NAM should have weatherwiz posting soon about severe potential

Always intriguing in these setups but I think everything just favors heavy rain too much and it will be hard to get true convection.  Maybe the south coast will see some convective elements enabling stronger winds to mix down but I think we mostly see a heavy rains and not much else.  

With these low cape/high shear setups what you really want is a window where you get some drier air working in which can either allow for the potential of sun breaking through or just enhance instability on the leading edge of the drier air.  In this case there doesn't look to be much of that and sure we will have some instability in place but you have to have a sufficient amount to really get something going...the million dollar question in these setups is always "what is sufficient"...I think we will know it when we see it...the last setup was CLOSE but it was all backed off.  

Archived