joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Screaming Sou'easter disco/obs 10/16/14

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Convective precipitation... only takes a 15 minute deluge (under 40+dBZ) to change ones mind. Sure it's hit or miss nature of the beast.

Sure is going to be a long winter.

I've been experimenting for awhile now with grib data. Grads is impressive, looking to do cross-sections of point to point along and through New England. The benefit speaks for itself, sniffing out sneaky warm and dry layers during transitioning Winter storms.         

A classmate of mine in Calc III has season tickets for the Pats and he said he is dreading the conditions for tonight's game.  Will be pretty awful 

I wonder if the worst of the rain is over in Foxboro by the time kickoff rolls around? Could be raining pretty good on the coast while Foxboro has lighter stuff. Really depends on what model you pick. Rap has good rains right through the night while the HRRR really wouldn't be so heavy @ gametime in Foxboro.

I wonder if the worst of the rain is over in Foxboro by the time kickoff rolls around? Could be raining pretty good on the coast while Foxboro has lighter stuff. Really depends on what model you pick. Rap has good rains right through the night while the HRRR really wouldn't be so heavy @ gametime in Foxboro.

The 12z GFS has very little rain for MA after 00z.

What's going to happen I think as as the system begin to slowly weaken a little later on we'll see the influx of stronger moisture slowly begin to shut off as the LLJ begins to weaken.  I think we will still see a quite a bit of rain around, however, probably not to the extent of the rates we have occurring now.  

What's going to happen I think as as the system begin to slowly weaken a little later on we'll see the influx of stronger moisture slowly begin to shut off as the LLJ begins to weaken.  I think we will still see a quite a bit of rain around, however, probably not to the extent of the rates we have occurring now.  

Yeah, theres hints of it trying to ramp back up as it exits.. but my thinking is its too late for us. Looks nice for western maine though. Could definitely be a wetter game if it ramps up closer to SNE.

Archived