joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2014 Banter

North Balti Zen

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just make sure in your wind thread you mention a few times that November is gonna be AN

Lol...just kidding....hugs and kisses

I'm becoming more concerned about Dec. Recent trends and analogs look like this for djf. I just ordered some new swim trunks and flip flops. And a case of corona. 

post-2035-0-16771000-1414447087_thumb.gi

The snow cover thread on the main page is hilarious...I honestly believe that the current snow cover is the least in recorded history according to that one guys graphs...so funny

I'm involved but also can see how it is funny. For the lack of a better term to describe it, I'd call the SCE monitoring situation a genuine clusterfook at the moment. It is a mess due to missing and conflicting data but there's not much we can do about it until Natice comes back to life.

December has always looked warm to me, as tends to be the case under the -QBO/Solar Max/Niño. My top analogs (2003-04, 1979-80) both ran warm early on, and both also featured very similarly timed SAO/MQIs and tropical forcing progression.

January is set for a big time hammer drop either way, probably earlier on than the 1979-80 event which took place very late in the month. Thinking the SSW/PV blowout will occur sometime in early January this year.

December has always looked warm to me, as tends to be the case under the -QBO/Solar Max/Niño. My top analogs (2003-04, 1979-80) both ran warm early on, and both also featured very similarly timed SAO/MQIs and tropical forcing progression.

January is set for a big time hammer drop either way, probably earlier on than the 1979-80 event which took place very late in the month. Thinking the SSW/PV blowout will occur sometime in early January this year.

After living here for 35 of the last 42 and over analyzing the last 8 or so...I'll expand here..

Dec teases us early and weenies start high 5ing but then it sucks ass for the rest of the month and we go +2. 

January polar express visits and even locks in for a bit but a handful of 60-70 degree days ruin it on the means and we only go -1 despite it. Some convoluted setup gives us warning criteria snow at the last minute but the really good chances are total whiffs.

Then we get desperate as we approach Feb. Temps are good but storms are bad. NC gets hit one week and n ma-sne gets hit the next. Then we track a 10 day threat tirelessly. Many bumps and bruises along the way but it produces. 8" in the city and 12"+ in the burbs. But it happens on the heels of blocking and mostly melts out in 36 hours under the scalding mid Feb sun angle.  

Then March comes along and reminds us that March is NOT a winter or snowy month. At the end of the season we go -.5 on temps and 75% climo snow. 

ETA: after analyzing my deep analysis i realized I went overboard with the Feb storm. 6" city and 10" favored burbs. There will also be a metro rain event or 2 while parrs and leesburg score a nice coating of jealousy. There will also be talk of serious ice threats that end up looking pretty on the vegatation but nobody slips and falls. 

After living here for 35 of the last 42 and over analyzing the last 8 or so...I'll expand here..

Dec teases us early and weenies start high 5ing but then it sucks ass for the rest of the month and we go +2. 

January polar express visits and even locks in for a bit but a handful of 60-70 degree days ruin it on the means and we only go -1 despite it. Some convoluted setup gives us warning criteria snow at the last minute but the really good chances are total whiffs.

Then we get desperate as we approach Feb. Temps are good but storms are bad. NC gets hit one week and n ma-sne gets hit the next. Then we track a 10 day threat tirelessly. Many bumps and bruises along the way but it produces. 8" in the city and 12"+ in the burbs. But it happens on the heels of blocking and mostly melts out in 36 hours under the scalding mid Feb sun angle.  

Then March comes along and reminds us that March is NOT a winter or snowy month. At the end of the season we go -.5 on temps and 75% climo snow. 

ETA: after analyzing my deep analysis i realized I went overboard with the Feb storm. 6" city and 10" favored burbs. There will also be a metro rain event or 2 while parrs and leesburg score a nice coating of jealousy. There will also be talk of serious ice threats that end up looking pretty on the vegatation but nobody slips and falls. 

Nailed it. Then Ji opens a thread one April 1st for 384 hours on the 18z GFS.

Why was the Saturday flurry thread locked? It's 84+ hours out and may be unlikely, but its the first real threat of the season and if things line up someone north and west of the city should see some brief flurries.

Eh, I think I-95 may see some flakes.

Somehow, the 18z GFS says I'm getting .6" of snow lol. Good old WeenieBell snow maps...

Archived