• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2014 Obs and Discussion

T. August

Yeah, I know. 72F normal at the start of Oct, but it only takes a +8 to get an uncomfortable 80F. We just exited a week of +8s and +10s. I'm jaded. I also vividly remember 88F on the first Saturday of Oct last year.

But, as Bob pointed out, maybe it opens the door for some tropical rains. Although, I'll bet the only thing tropical we'll see is humidity. Like I said, I'm jaded.

It's not really amplified on the means. Just a look that favors lower heights out west during the period. I personally think the pattern will end up typical for the period. Alternating cool/warm shots with nothing parked overhead for long periods. Standard boring stuff that will probably average a bit +. And it's way too far out there to think much about. I'm going to enjoy the next couple weeks and the taste of fall weather. You should score some 40's for lows late next week if we get clear/calm.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not really amplified on the means. Just a look that favors lower heights out west during the period. I personally think the pattern will end up typical for the period. Alternating cool/warm shots with nothing parked overhead for long periods. Standard boring stuff that will probably average a bit +. And it's way too far out there to think much about. I'm going to enjoy the next couple weeks and the taste of fall weather. You should score some 40's for lows late next week if we get clear/calm.

I've been itchin' for some 40s.  That's good news for sure; really makes my Octoberfest taste even better!

75/58

I'm beginning to think my station runs a bit warm...

EDIT: I'm thinking it's a siting issue. Is the temperature considered "accurate" if the station is placed in the shade? I don't have many full sun areas on my property. The station has a radiation shield, but it doesn't seem to be working as the temperature spikes a few degrees when it's in direct sunlight.

If a modern radiation shield only "spikes a few degrees"; count yourself lucky. 

A classic must-read paper by Davis:

http://www.davisnet.com/news/ars_vs_c.pdf

Light rain. Hoping the Blue Angels show still happens.

What time are they scheduled?

On a related note, I've worked at OPCY since it opened and yesterday's day game was one of the best games ever because of the Blue Angels practicing around and over the stadium. I'm sure the players got pretty annoyed with it, but it was incredible. And that was only practice!. As you said, hopefully the show goes on today.

Edit: I see now that they are supposed to start around 2 PM. Hopefully the rain gets in and out of here quickly.

Archived