joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2014 Obs and Discussion

T. August

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, KHEF is at 91/74, so not too far off.

My dewpoints definitely read higher than nearby, but the station is in a densely planted garden surrounded by acres of grass and trees. So lots of sources of evaporation.

What type of station to you have? I'm in the district, next to the river and a bunch of old trees, and my high was 88/74.

Though you never know with Mother Nature :lol:

Just missed a t-shower to my north that gave KOKV a quick .25" and knocked back their temp to 77F. Now, another is passing just south of me. Meanwhile, the sun continues to shine on mby and I'm still almost 90F. .03" of rain now in over two weeks.

I'll bet I can top your dryness up here in the ne Frederick Co desert...lol. I don't even care. Actually liking not having to mow.

Watching coastline activity.  Sept 10/11 2009 system made for 2 rough days in Chincoteague, VA.  I was there.  6" rain and I thought our hotel room, which was facing northeast out on the sound, was going to implode. It was leaking considerably. Seemed like hurricane force. I believe the reports show Wallops had a gust to 65 and we were further east and on the water.  That causeway going under water is a scary look.

Watching coastline activity.  Sept 10/11 2009 system made for 2 rough days in Chincoteague, VA.  I was there.  6" rain and I thought our hotel room, which was facing northeast out on the sound, was going to implode. It was leaking considerably. Seemed like hurricane force. I believe the reports show Wallops had a gust to 65 and we were further east and on the water.  That causeway going under water is a scary look.

gfs_apcpn_eus_17.png

Archived