joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2014 Obs and Discussion

T. August

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the most impressive storm I've had in awhile.  Near constant T&L with very heavy rain. 

Fellow Columbia'n can confirm... There had to have been a microburst or something over this area, went from almost no leaves/small limbs on the road at my home drove down the street 1 mile to complete darkness, streets littered with large debris, whole trees on homes, people going door to door to check on loved ones... Tempted to call that the best storm of the season. Lightning was unreal with massive CG's raining down every 4-5 seconds within a mile. 

Scene of one of the bigger trees... took out a third of the home, all escaped uninjured. Was dark so good damage pictures were impossible with my iPhone, will get some more shots in the morning.

23lnnnd.jpg

Here is the velocities shortly before the storm came through... They were strengthening at this point but didn't get a shot while the storm moved over.

10eh941.jpg

no thank you!  enjoying my 73/39 which has been about normal since moving here.  Highest DP I have observed since arriving in July (58) I do not miss the humidity at all.  I am actually ready for some clouds here. It is has been insanely sunny here for weeks. Cascades begin there reload in October, can't wait!  I am rooting for an epic winter back there! Will enjoy Jeb's posts either way.  Jay's weather on FB has posted some hope?

sounds awesome.  leaving the miserable east coast humidity would be a dream come true for me.

sounds awesome.  leaving the miserable east coast humidity would be a dream come true for me.

Change can happen but it takes time, (2 years planning) patience and hard work to move 2,765 miles to a place you have never lived, know no one and primarily to be in a new climate. LOL   Plenty of places without east coast humidity, but stable water supply, big mountain snow near by and there are not as many choices.  Honestly I think the weather here will be boring right in town, but 15 minutes away and it is another world.  30's and low 40's here tonight.

Was able to grab just a few pictures of damage from last nights storm on the way into work... 

iy3aqs.jpg

This house had an entrapment of a resident and required rescue last night...

(NWS report - TWO TREES DOWN ON HOUSES CAUSING SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE NEAR EACH OTHER ... ONE ON THE 1000 BLOCK OF EVERGREEN AVE AND ONE ON THE 6400 BLOCK OF BELLVIEW AVE.)

slkvpg.jpg

Archived