joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2014 Obs and Discussion

T. August

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds awesome.  leaving the miserable east coast humidity would be a dream come true for me.

Have a kid move to Colorado....But, he did it the hard way like snownut, knew one person that is close to an hour away.

I'm near Breckenridge visiting son this week, it is currently 69/22 :whistle:

This am was warmest since I've been here, 42, most in mid 30's and a HEAVY frost Monday am.

NOT looking forward to returning tomorrow.

Have a kid move to Colorado....But, he did it the hard way like snownut, knew one person that is close to an hour away.

I'm near Breckenridge visiting son this week, it is currently 69/22 :whistle:

This am was warmest since I've been here, 42, most in mid 30's and a HEAVY frost Monday am.

NOT looking forward to returning tomorrow.

travel safely and dress lightly.

We might be done after Saturday. Gets pretty hard as we get further into Sep. 

Have you seen the 12z Euro and 12z GFS? Looks like deep fall with lows in the 40s and 50s on the 14th. I've noticed that the Euro runs a little warm in our region, so when it shows low 50s as far east as the Bay, you know the air is gonna be chilled. :)

Regarding the Euro running warm: The night it hit 56 here in August, the Euro was showing low 60s, while the GFS was low 50s. The GFS turned out to be closer to the actual low, although still off. This is the way it's been since the start of the summer.

Got back into Greensboro from Denver late yesterday afternoon after pilot played dodge'em t-storms last 30 minutes. Landed and upper half of plane 'fogged' over from humidity coming thru ventilation system so much so that flight attendant had to make an announcement of what was happening....people were panicking thinking there was a fire! My only though was 'great, back to nasty' :frostymelt:

Great idea.  Windows open with a breeze and temps falling through the 50s is most definitely fall/pumpkin beer time.  

Front looks legit.

attachicon.gifdepartures.png

Been dying to sit on my patio on a cool fall evening and sip my Sam Adams Octoberfest and take my little girl to pick apples (not at the same time obviously).  

Currently about 247F heat index.  That front can't get here soon enough.

Great idea. Windows open with a breeze and temps falling through the 50s is most definitely fall/pumpkin beer time.

Front looks legit.

Euro ensembles look less impressive for our neck. Core of the cool air slides down the east slope of the rockies and western plains and then takes it's time getting here. Front clearing us is likely but there will be a lot of modification before it gets here. Based on the h5 mean it has a look of a reinforcing shot in the 15th through 20th timeframe with the lowest heights centered a good bit further east. Pretty far out of course but the look implies an extended period of killer Sept weather. We'll probably end up with some + days late next week before the front. Can we make up for the big + anoms we've been racking up by the end of Sept? I doubt it for now but a taste of fall seems to be incoming. Yay!

One thing that I found interesting is the pv relocates back to the area between hudson and gl. Looks like last winters pattern in some ways. Redux? LOL

Euro ensembles look less impressive for our neck. Core of the cool air slides down the east slope of the rockies and western plains and then takes it's time getting here. Front clearing us is likely but there will be a lot of modification before it gets here. Based on the h5 mean it has a look of a reinforcing shot in the 15th through 20th timeframe with the lowest heights centered a good bit further east. Pretty far out of course but the look implies an extended period of killer Sept weather. We'll probably end up with some + days late next week before the front. Can we make up for the big + anoms we've been racking up by the end of Sept? I doubt it for now but a taste of fall seems to be incoming. Yay!

One thing that I found interesting is the pv relocates back to the area between hudson and gl. Looks like last winters pattern in some ways. Redux? LOL

I expect highly modified cP air this time of year.  If we get a -8ish day with the first batch, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  The possible 2nd front does look more focused on our area.  Either way, some low 70s/low 50s kind of days are beautiful for September.  

I expect highly modified cP air this time of year. If we get a -8ish day with the first batch, I'll be pleasantly surprised. The possible 2nd front does look more focused on our area. Either way, some low 70s/low 50s kind of days are beautiful for September.

Yea, you aren't kidding. Low-mid 70's with deep blue skies and non-existent humidity is what we all live for this time of year. I can see the upper 40's for the close in burbs being possible if we get lucky with a good radiational cooling night or 2.

I haven't found this heat stretch to be a big deal at all and I've spent some good time outside. I was out from 4-7pm last night and while I was sweating some it was pretty bearable. We may be done with 90 or above for the year after Saturday. At least until mid December.

Yea, you aren't kidding. Low-mid 70's with deep blue skies and non-existent humidity is what we all live for this time of year. I can see the upper 40's for the close in burbs being possible if we get lucky with a good radiational cooling night or 2.

I haven't found this heat stretch to be a big deal at all and I've spent some good time outside. I was out from 4-7pm last night and while I was sweating some it was pretty bearable. We may be done with 90 or above for the year after Saturday. At least until mid December.

It is more bearable with the less-direct sun and significantly shorter days.  However, it still really stinks.

Archived