• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2014 Obs and Discussion

T. August

Not sure you know, but the Star Spangled Spectacular is this weekend, and they are performing.  I'm looking forward to it.

Is today a bad day to be flying?

9/11.  I was only thinking it would possibly cause some people to freak out seeing a flight of fighter jets zooming around.

Glad to hear they are a part of the festivities, tho

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9/11.  I was only thinking it would possibly cause some people to freak out seeing a flight of fighter jets zooming around.

Glad to hear they are a part of the festivities, tho

Lol.  Yeah, I see your point.  I hadn't thought of that.

Keeping my post weather related, it's been sad watching the models dry up throughout the week as today drew closer.  I was hoping for some decent rains this evening to help get the new grass seed started.

picked up a T today.  holding at 0.07" in the last 3 weeks or so.

noticed color in spots today. not real healthy-looking color, but color.  fair amount of trees also dropping leaves.  locally, at least, this is probably going to be a lackluster foliage season.  fortunately, i don't need to drive too far to find more hospitable conditions for more healthy foliage.

Our region's average highs in early October are in the low 70s/upper 60s. Our lows are in the low 50s/upper 40s. So even with a +5 departure, it's still nice out. I'm sure you know this lol, I'm just saying it's not that bad :)

Yeah, I know.  72F normal at the start of Oct, but it only takes a +8 to get an uncomfortable 80F.  We just exited a week of +8s and +10s.  I'm jaded.  I also vividly remember 88F on the first Saturday of Oct last year.

But, as Bob pointed out, maybe it opens the door for some tropical rains.  Although, I'll bet the only thing tropical we'll see is humidity.  Like I said, I'm jaded.

75/58

I'm beginning to think my station runs a bit warm...

EDIT: I'm thinking it's a siting issue. Is the temperature considered "accurate" if the station is placed in the shade? I don't have many full sun areas on my property. The station has a radiation shield, but it doesn't seem to be working as the temperature spikes a few degrees when it's in direct sunlight.

Archived