• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
September 2014 Obs and Discussion

T. August

Grass mostly brown here as well(except over the septic drain field). Been exactly 2 weeks since the last significant rain event here. Looks like another 8-10 days before the next chance. That steady rain shield just offshore this morning is as near a hit as we will see for a while.

Praying - probably in vain - for a shower w/ the frontal passage this evening.  It's a long shot.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd-looking line of storms to the west.  Uniform razor-thin line.  Looks like it'll be here in under two hours, that is if it doesn't fall apart first.  Is that the front?  Much sooner than I expected, if so.

That line looks semi decent north of the MD line.  I'm sure some place near Harrisburg will pick up an inch.

Congrats :)

Don't go south, move to a snow town.

I don't think that was the front. Looks like more developing....don't expect much here but ya never know

Looks very scattered in nature.  We don't do well w/ frontal passages from the west anyhow.

It's 86F.  Making a strong run at 90F today.  Unbelievable.

Congrats :)

Don't go south, move to a snow town.

I'm trying, believe me.  ... and thank you.

Definitely. My wife is expecting our second. She'll finish out this year teaching and probably won't return to work until our first is off to kindergarten in 3 years. Soon as we have the second income again, we are out of Stephens City. I'm trying to talk her into western MD, but she wants to go south. Lol.

You should. Me & the gf are looking at buying a cheap place out in Garret County after we finish school. There are actually a few small homes for sale right on top of backbone ridge above 3100ft. Perfect for upslope :D

If we get skunked the rest of the month, which is possible, DCA will have the 5th driest Sept on record.

Got .03 " of rain from a 5 minute shower last evening. Grass was getting pretty brown in spots.

Got a big 0.02 yesterday afternoon, at 2.33 for month, nowhere near as dry as north of me, and nowhere near the record of 0.09 for the month which happened in 1985.

Aug had 4.20, July 3.67, June 4.52, just to show how much wetter it has been around here this summer. 

Got a big 0.02 yesterday afternoon, at 2.33 for month, nowhere near as dry as north of me, and nowhere near the record of 0.09 for the month which happened in 1985.

Aug had 4.20, July 3.67, June 4.52, just to show how much wetter it has been around here this summer. 

That's an amazing disparity. You've had more rain in each month than I've received for the entire summer + September.

That's an amazing disparity. You've had more rain in each month than I've received for the entire summer + September.

Yeah, and you really don't have to go too far north for the dryness to start, a buddy in southern Highland county (about 50 miles north) is in CoCoRaHS also and here are his numbers 0.63 Sept, 2.78 Aug, 3.49 July and 3.17 June. About 1.5 inches short of me each month except July. 

Yeah, and you really don't have to go too far north for the dryness to start, a buddy in southern Highland county (about 50 miles north) is in CoCoRaHS also and here are his numbers 0.63 Sept, 2.78 Aug, 3.49 July and 3.17 June. About 1.5 inches short of me each month except July. 

Is your temp really 49F right now?  How is that possible?

12Z NAM has shifted to the east leaving us dry or so it appears. 

potentially interesting day Thursday.   The GFS is a miss to the east with the heavy rain, but the 00z Euro and the 06z NAM have a nice slug of moisture spreading over our area with some healthy QPF.     There is modest support for this idea in the GEFS and somewhat enthusiastic support for it in the SREF.

Archived