EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
September 2014 Obs and Discussion

T. August

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good grief man, please stop polluting our forum with global warming bait posts. Just stop already. I think I can speak for all of us. It's become predictable and tiresome and nobody wants it here. There's a a proper place already designated for it.

Rgem showing a decent swath through the area. Nothing crazy but a good soaker after a very dry month.

Good grief man, please stop polluting our forum with global warming bait posts. Just stop already. I think I can speak for all of us. It's become predictable and tiresome and nobody wants it here. There's a a proper place already designated for it.

Rgem showing a decent swath through the area. Nothing crazy but a good soaker after a very dry month.

It's not like my goal was to discuss AGW. WxLuvr used logic to figure it out. I just thought it was interesting and had not realized how much inland areas cooled last night. It's really not AGW entirely, mostly due to calm winds and timing of the coastal.

I agree 100%, my attention will be focused on the storm.

so has the GFS.    so has most other deterministic guidance (other than the Euro).   Run-to-run continuity for this event has been ugly across the board.

Yes, the NAM is probably too wet.   And the GFS runs are probably too dry.     In this type of event, ensembles can help a lot, and the SREF has been very consistent with well over 0.5" in the DC area and possibly exceeding 1".

The NAM is changing run to run. Throw that junk out. 

Certainly. I shouldn't have gone with the usual 'crap on the NAM' board theme. 

so has the GFS.    so has most other deterministic guidance (other than the Euro).   Run-to-run continuity for this event has been ugly across the board.

Yes, the NAM is probably too wet.   And the GFS runs are probably too dry.     In this type of event, ensembles can help a lot, and the SREF has been very consistent with well over 0.5" in the DC area and possibly exceeding 1".

Archived