September 2014 Obs and Discussion

T. August

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Month to date @ KOKV:

Highs:  +.54F

Lows:   -.29F

Big + departures today and tomorrow will certainly push us +1F.  

Nice periods of weather this month, but a completely terrible start and finish.  Also, the driest Sep. imby in memory:  0.28" for the entire month.

So looking forward to some nice weather this coming weekend to do some outdoor fall activities; the last two have stunk.

Did I miss something or was today always progged to be a crappy day?

nws flip flopped on their forecast.  yesterday i saw 30% chance, then last night, no chances, then this morning back to 30% chance.  i've seen that happen a number of times with events like this.  it's as if it depends on who's working the shift.  

Here's ideal.....

Oct - Upper 60s transitioning to low 60s for highs by Halloween. . Low/Mid 50s transitioning to 40s for lows.

Nov - Upper 50s transitioning to upper 40s for highs by Turkey Day. 40s into 30s for lows.

Basically, slightly to modertaley below normal, but nothing extreme.

Yeah its kinda fun to look at and discuss the EPO ridge, +PNA, -AO/NAO etc thats modeled for early October, but what it all amounts to is some gorgeous cool fall weather, which I am ready for. Doesn't matter to me much either if we see high temps in the 50s and 60s through November. Its all about the leaves for me from now till December, and coolish temps with average rainfall would be ideal. What I don't want is anymore 80s.

Yeah its kinda fun to look at and discuss the EPO ridge, +PNA, -AO/NAO etc thats modeled for early October, but what it all amounts to is some gorgeous cool fall weather, which I am ready for. Doesn't matter to me much either if we see high temps in the 50s and 60s through November. Its all about the leaves for me from now till December, and coolish temps with average rainfall would be ideal. What I don't want is anymore 80s.

Exactly.

Pouring north of Winchester. Looks like you are just missing it.

Saw some lighting, got a sprinkle.  0.00"

Don't know what the F is up with that radar.  I ran the loop and it looks like the storms built south and went over me.  Even reds on the radar, yet nothing.  *&^%^ing nothing.

Weatherbug radar.  Is it operating in clean-air mode or something?

Archived