Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
September 2014 Obs and Discussion

T. August

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What unique microclimate?  Or are you being sarcastic?

My low was 41.9 at 7:42am, and I am ~7mi SW of IAD.  I had a very steady drop through the night, though, no sudden drop like the IAD readings.

IAD has a unique microclimate. It can be ignored like DCA.

12z NAM is tragic if you want precip.

Is your temp really 49F right now?  How is that possible?

Hi EC.

Sorry I missed this. That reading is likely from the airport up at Hot Springs, which sits at 3700 foot. They USUALLY colder (inversions can be a difference though) than I am, like now, it has 45 up there and I have 54.

Got down to 42 here this morning.

What unique microclimate?  Or are you being sarcastic?

My low was 41.9 at 7:42am, and I am ~7mi SW of IAD.  I had a very steady drop through the night, though, no sudden drop like the IAD readings.

IAD sits in a little bowl and tends to overperform on great radiation nights.  Last night wasn't perfect, so it didn't end up a lot colder than some of the nearby areas, like it often does.

looks like the Euro does get some appreciable qpf in on us but until the Wundermap decides to stop making me wunder what the fook is wrong with it, it's hard to say how much

at least .5"+ I would guess

Euro gives you 2". About 1.8 for me. Entire 95 corridor between 1.75 - 2.1". 1" line runs west of fdk and jyo....with a sick gradient near....winchester...

This is your heavy rain event of the year. Take it all in and enjoy since it appears hurricane season is a dud. Warm front pushes thru on the euro, deep moisture convergence right off the Atlantic.

This won't even come close to Aug 12th event. That was the event of the year. This is practice for the endless string of miller A snow bombs coming this winter.

This won't even come close to Aug 12th event. That was the event of the year. This is practice for the endless string of miller A snow bombs coming this winter.

Shhh. Don't jinx it lol. It does look rather nice. Nothing better then cool, rainy, windy weather to get you in the fall mood. Bring it on.

Archived