12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late Spring and Summer banter thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful this summer, lawnmower crash deaths are on the rise.

http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-new-york/burlington/man-dies-in-lawnmower-crash/26830130?tru=baUO3l#ixzz36ogx5OzS

Investigation revealed that Lynn was traveling east on his John Deere lawn mower when he drove off the roadway and crashed down a small embankment.  As a result of the crash, Lynn sustained serious injuries and was transported to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment. 

Every third post on my twitter feed is something about the polar vortex... largely from degreed and renowned meteorologists.

I'm beginning to think we'll never again be able to talk about an upper-trough without having to endure polar vortex hype. :(

It's so dumb. 

It's almost LOL for a 6 day outlook to be issued for tstms in New England in the first place.

I think we can all agree that the vast majority of severe setups in the NE come down to the day of and perhaps the day before. Exceptions may be like 6/1/2011 and other notable NW flow events. Otherwise too many subtle things can change and screw up everything.

I think we can all agree that the vast majority of severe setups in the NE come down to the day of and perhaps the day before. Exceptions may be like 6/1/2011 and other notable NW flow events. Otherwise too many subtle things can change and screw up everything.

Well that's what I mean...it's the same when talking about day 6 threats for snow too. I admit I haven't followed this in depth as you or others may have, but to me this always  looked like one of those deep trough  srly flow events with spin-up type threat from low LCLs and maybe wind damage from bowing segments. I think it's hard to get anything more than that with these events unless somehow we had lots of sunshine which to me isn't going to happen.

Well that's what I mean...it's the same when talking about day 6 threats for snow too. I admit I haven't followed this in depth as you or others may have, but to me this always looked like one of those deep trough srly flow events with spin-up type threat from low LCLs and maybe wind damage from bowing segments. I think it's hard to get anything more than that with these events unless somehow we had lots of sunshine which to me isn't going to happen.

Agree 100% and in those rare cases too where stronger shortwave forcing punched down into NY or even western New England, then you start to ramp up the threat of something more significant.

FXUS61 KBOX 140219

AFDBOX

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

1019 PM EDT SUN JUL 13 2014

.SYNOPSIS...

A FRONTAL BOUNDARY WILL STALL ACROSS THE REGION THROUGH WEDNESDAY

YIELDING PERIODS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. A FEW STRONG TO SEVERE

THUNDERSTORMS APPEAR LIKELY OVER THIS TIME ALONG WITH A HEAVY

RAIN/LOCALIZED FLASH FLOOD THREAT. A TREND TOWARD DRIER AND

SOMEWHAT LESS HUMID WEATHER FOLLOWS LATE IN THE WEEK.

&&

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM MONDAY MORNING/...

1030 PM UPDATE...

VERY DEEP MOISTURE ACROSS THE REGION COMBINED WITH SHORT MOVING

ACROSS THE UPPER NORTHEAST HAS SPARK SHOWERS ACROSS THE REGION. AS

THIS WAVE MOVES AWAY FROM THE REGION THESE SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE

TO WEAK BUT HOLD TOGETHER BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF MOISTURE IN THE

ATMOSPHERE. OVER SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND...PWATS ARE 1.5-2 INCHES SO

A GOOD DOSING OF RAIN WILL FALL. THE THUNDERSTORM POTENTIAL WILL

SHIFT FARTHER SOUTH WHERE THE BETTER INSTABILITY IS LOCATION AS

WELL AS THE REGION WHERE THE ATMOSPHERE DIDNT GET WORKED OVER BY

THE EVENING CONVECTION. THE RAP MODEL CONTINUES TO INDICATE

LINGERING ELEVATED INSTABILITY THROUGH THE NIGHT...SO HAVE KEPT

THE POTENTIAL FOR THUNDERSTORM DEVELOPMENT IN THE FORECAST

ESPECIALLY WHEN THE LLJ BEGINS TO DEVELOP. ANY THUNDERSTORM THAT

DEVELOPS WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR URBAN AND POOR DRAINAGE

FLOODING WITH HOW HIGH THE PWATS ARE AND HOW MUCH MOISTURE IS IN

THE ATMOSPHERE...LIKE A TROPICAL FEEL OUT THERE.

OTHERWISE LOWS WILL MAINLY BE IN THE UPPER 60S TO THE LOWER 70S

WITH MUGGY CONDITIONS. IN ADDITION...SOME PATCHY FOG AND STRATUS

WILL DEVELOP OVERNIGHT.

:lol:

LOL..the famous Exit 67-68 Bermuda Triangle from someone on FB

It seems like at least one driver rolls his or her car over every day between exits 66-68 in one direction or the other on 84E/W, Vernon-Tolland. The highway is straight, good visibility, it's dry...wtf? Just drove by another in west bound lane between 67- 66. There was one yesterday on my way home from work. I actually expect it now and notice when there ISN'T an accident. Any theories?

It seems like at least one driver rolls his or her car over every day between exits 66-68 in one direction or the other on 84E/W, Vernon-Tolland. The highway is straight, good visibility, it's dry...wtf? Just drove by another in west bound lane between 67- 66. There was one yesterday on my way home from work. I actually expect it now and notice when there ISN'T an accident. Any theories?

Mesmerized by the mountains to the north, they can't keep their eyes on the road.

b/c it's straight and with good visibility you get those crazy maniacs who try doing near 90-100 mph and weave in and out of traffic and make a mistake and it's disaster

it's pretty crazy on that stretch.  Doesn't compare to Rt. 6 though, especially in and around Avon Mountain...one of the worst in the country actually.  Suicide 6

Suicide 6 refers to the stretch of rte 6 between Bolton and Willimantic and is pretty dangerous. Rte 44 runs through Avon and over Avon mountain.

Suicide 6 refers to the stretch of rte 6 between Bolton and Willimantic and is pretty dangerous. Rte 44 runs through Avon and over Avon mountain.

Oh right...not sure how I confused that considering I've been over Rt 44 numerous times...it's pretty scary although they have done alot of work and are doing alot of work to try and make it safer...try

Archived