Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Late Spring and Summer banter thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a big biatch then...I hit one once but no damage to me. Can't say the same for the racoon.

Lucky lol. I stopped and the thing was gone. I was shocked. Must have just made it into the woods or something, i cant imagine it lived for more than a few seconds after i hit it.

Im pretty lucky. I can fix it pretty easy, feel bad though, javent hit an animal before

This is interesting but I think it's probably blown out of proportion. I'm sure NWS mets here also have limits to what they can say being government employees.

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/canadian-weather-forecasters-forbidden-discussing-climate-change

MAY 29, 2014

Canadian Weather Forecasters Forbidden From Discussing Climate Change

Huge black bear was on my deck last night, destroying my bird feeders. Probably 350# plus...

Nice, been hearing about a lot of them lately.  

Had a scary nasty looking coyote prowling the yard today

Have you ever seen bears, moose, or any other unusual animals while on your runs?  

Nice, been hearing about a lot of them lately.  

Have you ever seen bears, moose, or any other unusual animals while on your runs?  

Here on the N fringes of Greenfield is my list of larger mammals encountered since we moved here 7 years ago:

Rabbit

Raccoon

Skunk

Beaver

Muskrat

Woodchuck

Mink

Otter

Coyote (Single and Packs)

Red Fox

Grey Fox

Eastern Wolf (Multiple sightings by myself and neighbors with one confirmed shot and killed in Shelburne)

Deer

Moose (1x in downtown Greenfield lol)

Bear (1x in this area 6x total in New England)

Bobcat (3x so far!)

Multiple neighbors have claimed to have seen a mountain lion but I need to see one myself before I endorse the authenticity of others sightings. lol

attachicon.gifGFS20140602v00z.png

A work in progress but slowly getting better graphics. Now trying to figure out how to get the output from one computer to another upload via cron and impliment to looping to my webpage.

Any suggestions?

Does your hosting service allow ftp? If so you can write a shell script that uploads the file to the website, which can be initiated by cron at a specific time of day.

For bash, it's something like this:

#! /bin/bash

hostname=ftp.yoururl.com
password=yourpassword
username=yourusername
filename=/directory/yourfilename

ftp -n $hostname <<EOF
quote USER $username
quote PASS $password

put $filename
quit
EOF

Does your hosting service allow ftp? If so you can write a shell script that uploads the file to the website, which can be initiated by cron at a specific time of day.

For bash, it's something like this:

#! /bin/bash

hostname=ftp.yoururl.com
password=yourpassword
username=yourusername
filename=/directory/yourfilename

ftp -n $hostname <<EOF
quote USER $username
quote PASS $password

put $filename
quit
EOF

This is greatly appreciated. I've tried ftp software on Unix OS and to some degree have it working. Shell scripts and cron presently is a learning process so only baby steps. Getting it to a functional stable state will be a project. Thank-you!       

The graphics from grads if tweeked correctly are stunning!

Archived