EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Spring 2014 Banter Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a weekend!  chamber of commerce stuff.

Today has turned out to be mostly cloudy and still on the chilly side - and memorial day weekend is not exactly looking like beach weather from this distance..........

Today has turned out to be mostly cloudy and still on the chilly side - and memorial day weekend is not exactly looking like beach weather from this distance..........

I'm lucky to be on the east side of the Hudson today-not a cloud in the sky, 68.   Looks like some instability west of the Hudson.

Memorial day is early this year, so not surprised it's going to be a bit cooler.  Water's never warm enough to swim in anyway even with a late Memorial Day. Give me 68 and sunny all 3 days and I'll take that and run any day

There's a lot more clouds today and temps are in the mid 60s so for some it may not be the best day. It's perfect for myself but it's not quite as nice as yesterday.

Memorial Day weekend looks a bit sketchy especially for the first half of it and then things look to warm up and become more unstable.

Agreed. The weather in Southern California is dull beyond belief and I don't think I could deal with it. It could be 70 and sunny in July, December, and April and I'll pass on the tremors.

Agree, we don't need a 4.9 shake, while on the bowl, having a bout of traveler's diarrhea.  72/45 won't help in that case.  I'll pass the tremor, for a BDCF anytime.

Agreed. The weather in Southern California is dull beyond belief and I don't think I could deal with it. It could be 70 and sunny in July, December, and April and I'll pass on the tremors.

Definitely-people don't understand until they're in a place like that how active and changeable our weather is here. We really can have just about anything-from blizzards to floods to hurricanes and tornadoes.

I'm almost certain I've experienced more thunderstorm action so far this year than during all of last year.

Your further inland with an almost nill effect from the seabreeze influence. For me an increase of thunderstorm action would be three thunderstorms instead of the two the entire severe weather season last year. Being in SW suffolk county actual severe storms are non existent, unless you call thunder, lightning, rain and a brief wind gust to 30 mph a severe storm? But even that is a long shot here now....

Your further inland with an almost nill effect from the seabreeze influence. For me an increase of thunderstorm action would be three thunderstorms instead of the two the entire severe weather season last year. Being in SW suffolk county actual severe storms are non existent, unless you call thunder, lightning, rain and a brief wind gust to 30 mph a severe storm? But even that is a long shot here now....

Yeah, I recall about two distinct thunderstorms last year. Perhaps a few other incidences of distant thunder or gusty showers. Storms up this way seem to have a hard time making it across the Catskill Escarpment and adjacent Hudson River intact, but give me a halfway-decent shelf cloud and I'll be happy. 3/4" hail is a real bummer in the tomato garden anyway.

It had been a while for sure but historically we do get severe storms even right at the coast. Labor Day 98 was legit severe in all of Nassau and most of Suffolk. Prior to that there were several in the 80s. I rememeber the piles of branches my dad would make in the back yard in wantagh. Overall I'll take better winter weather and fewer summer storms of late then the 80s

It had been a while for sure but historically we do get severe storms even right at the coast. Labor Day 98 was legit severe in all of Nassau and most of Suffolk. Prior to that there were several in the 80s. I rememeber the piles of branches my dad would make in the back yard in wantagh. Overall I'll take better winter weather and fewer summer storms of late then the 80s

I was going to mention Labor Day 1998 in my post. That might be the last legit severe thunderstorm in our part of Nassau Co.

I can't stand him

Yet you complain about people taking threads off track when "attacking" your posts...at least our "attacks" are meteorology based. If you cant handle both of you posting, or at least debate the posts and not attack him, put him on ignore. No one cares.

Yet you complain about people taking threads off track when "attacking" your posts...at least our "attacks" are meteorology based. If you cant handle both of you posting, or at least debate the posts and not attack him, put him on ignore. No one cares.

In his eyes he is never wrong...yet he is proven wrong more often then not

In his eyes he is never wrong...yet he is proven wrong more often then not

You just can't help yourself. A prime example is your lol post in the tropical contest forum. It was completely unnecessary but you did it because you knew I would find it annoying. You did it because I'm running the contest. If you want this crap to stop it has to be mutual.

You just can't help yourself. A prime example is your lol post in the tropical contest forum. It was completely unnecessary but you did it because you knew I would find it annoying. You did it because I'm running the contest. If you want this crap to stop it has to be mutual.

What are you, 5 years old?  Seriously, grow up.

This attitude is exactly why you have problems here.

Archived