EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Spring 2014 Banter Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just can't help yourself. A prime example is your lol post in the tropical contest forum. It was completely unnecessary but you did it because you knew I would find it annoying. You did it because I'm running the contest. If you want this crap to stop it has to be mutual.

Does someone need to draw up a peace treaty and act as a notary while you two sign it? :lmao:

Allsnow can't post lol's in the tropical contest forum, what are Allsnow's terms?

It got deleted...not that I expected it to stay up for long..i was really going to make a prediction, but got side tracked and went with lol

So what would you like as your final meal now that you've clearly committed a capital offense against the sacred "NYC Sub-Forum 2014 Atlantic Tropical Forecast Contest"?  We have the chicken or the pasta. 

So what would you like as your final meal now that you've clearly committed a capital offense against the sacred "NYC Sub-Forum 2014 Atlantic Tropical Forecast Contest"? We have the chicken or the pasta.

Go with the chicken...pasta was too wet, like yanksfan's calls for the last two weeks.

Its just a joke yanksfan, dont get angry!!

So what would you like as your final meal now that you've clearly committed a capital offense against the sacred "NYC Sub-Forum 2014 Atlantic Tropical Forecast Contest"?  We have the chicken or the pasta. 

Why is everyone always hating on this dude yanks, those 2 last posts on that thread were uncalled for, either make a prediction or ignore it and don't post anything. 

Yeah he's wrong a lot of the time and overdoes the posting sometimes, but at least the dude is trying. Most people on here will know if what he's posting makes sense or if it's just BS. 

Why is everyone always hating on this dude yanks, those 2 last posts on that thread were uncalled for, either make a prediction or ignore it and don't post anything. 

Yeah he's wrong a lot of the time and overdoes the posting sometimes, but at least the dude is trying. Most people on here will know if what he's posting makes sense or if it's just BS. 

because they know he'll take the bait

The point is that he takes things too seriously and should let the ribbing go. He's also easy troll bait, which has been mentioned, and is probably why Forky keeps engaging him.

Guest Pamela

Great Movie! Remake was disappointing. Loved when the husky kids Dad ate the mike.

Rich

I thought the fat kid brought his mom...

"Augustus, save some room for later" <elephantine kid falls in the chocolate river and is subsequently drawn into the tube>

Guest Pamela

Great Movie! Remake was disappointing. Loved when the husky kids Dad ate the mike.

Rich

Perhaps the most mystifying element of the film was shortly before the workers in the rich girl's fathers factory found the Golden Ticket, the child's mother said (and it has been 43 years so this is a bit of a paraphrase) 'Ya gonna be 'ery unpopular around 'ere 'enery" <assuming the ticket is not found and the father would consequently be subject to his daughter's wrath>

This begs the question: Why would a rich industrialist marry a wife with such a deplorable Cockney accent who was not even good looking?

Guest Pamela

I think he was referring to the remake with Johnny depp

Never saw it.  90% of remakes suk.

Perhaps the most mystifying element of the film was shortly before the workers in the rich girl's fathers factory found the Golden Ticket, the child's mother said (and it has been 43 years so this is a bit of a paraphrase) 'Ya gonna be 'ery unpopular around 'ere 'enery" <assuming the ticket is not found and the father would consequently be subject to his daughter's wrath>

This begs the question: Why would a rich industrialist marry a wife with such a deplorable Cockney accent who was not even good looking?

William,

The husky kids mom did go with him. The scene i was talking about was the one while the family was chowing down and being interviewed as the latest golden ticket finders.

As far as the industrialists wife, perhaps it was there sense of balance or humor.

The movie struck me as a sort of fun parable/morality play.

Rich

Rich

William,

The husky kids mom did go with him. The scene i was talking about was the one while the family was chowing down and being interviewed as the latest golden ticket finders.

As far as the industrialists wife, perhaps it was there sense of balance or humor.

The movie struck me as a sort of fun parable/morality play.

Rich

Rich

Oh right he bit off the head of the microphone

Guest Pamela

It certainly does show that the degree of weather excitement is most assuredly at a low ebb when a 43 year old children's film is the topic du jour...

It certainly does show that the degree of weather excitement is most assuredly at a low ebb when a 43 year old children's film is the topic du jour...

....... and at 3:13 in the am a too close to 70 senior is thinking about how much fun it would be to ride in a flying glass elevator on a severe weather warning day... sigh ... 

Cannot remember the last time ive had a true severe thunderstorm with loud thunder, vivid lightning and some wind, everytime they're is a widespread severe weather threat/ outbreak i pretty much just X it off not happening. The areas that do well on LI are the north shore, east end and nassua-west. SW suffolk county is literally a convective graveyard during severe season

Archived