Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Spring 2014 Banter Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree he is enthusiastic and that's what keeps people reading. Hey we all have our faults! Maybe just a warning period to appease the ones that wanted it!

While there are some basic guidelines that can be given to forum moderators to help them do their jobs more effectively, there is nothing to do about the fact that many, if not most, people who volunteer to be moderators are personality disordered individuals. Some of these volunteers are narcissists who enjoy the sense of power and adulation that comes from the position of being a moderator. At many forums – and I have complained most recently about the Writ’ers Cafe at KBoards (formerly Kindleboards) because I have seen outrageous examples of this relationship there – the moderators are like some sort of gods who are never to be questioned and always to be praised and worshiped by the members of the forum. This is the narcissist-psychopant pairing I have previously ranted about – they go together like bread and butter.

Moderators set the tone at a forum, so if they’re crazy, then it quickly becomes a congregation of crazy posters as more normal people who want to join the discussion are soon repelled by their online activities or actually bullied off the forum because they are not properly participating in the mentally ill social dynamics of the forum.

As long as the core of crazies remains, the forum can continue to make money and that’s the most important thing in the case of forums that have advertisements everywhere. A heated discussion that turns into an explosion brings lots of visitors to their forum. If it’s bad enough, it generates discussion elsewhere online, which means more visitors to the site and more visitors means more revenues for the owners. It plumps their monthly visitor totals and if visitors click on ads, it increases their affiliate revenues.

So, these are the reasons how and why a forum can function with crazy moderators and equally crazy members and continue to generate revenues for the owner. And, what do the volunteer moderators get out of it? They get to feed. They get their narcissistic “supply.” It’s kind of like paying musicians in beer to play at your night club. It’s not money, but it’s something they crave, so they’ll work for it.

Guest Pamela

While there are some basic guidelines that can be given to forum moderators to help them do their jobs more effectively, there is nothing to do about the fact that many, if not most, people who volunteer to be moderators are personality disordered individuals. Some of these volunteers are narcissists who enjoy the sense of power and adulation that comes from the position of being a moderator. At many forums – and I have complained most recently about the Writ’ers Cafe at KBoards (formerly Kindleboards) because I have seen outrageous examples of this relationship there – the moderators are like some sort of gods who are never to be questioned and always to be praised and worshiped by the members of the forum. This is the narcissist-psychopant pairing I have previously ranted about – they go together like bread and butter.

Moderators set the tone at a forum, so if they’re crazy, then it quickly becomes a congregation of crazy posters as more normal people who want to join the discussion are soon repelled by their online activities or actually bullied off the forum because they are not properly participating in the mentally ill social dynamics of the forum.

As long as the core of crazies remains, the forum can continue to make money and that’s the most important thing in the case of forums that have advertisements everywhere. A heated discussion that turns into an explosion brings lots of visitors to their forum. If it’s bad enough, it generates discussion elsewhere online, which means more visitors to the site and more visitors means more revenues for the owners. It plumps their monthly visitor totals and if visitors click on ads, it increases their affiliate revenues.

So, these are the reasons how and why a forum can function with crazy moderators and equally crazy members and continue to generate revenues for the owner. And, what do the volunteer moderators get out of it? They get to feed. They get their narcissistic “supply.” It’s kind of like paying musicians in beer to play at your night club. It’s not money, but it’s something they crave, so they’ll work for it.

I can't say for 100% certain...but I strongly believe this to be a copy 'n paste job.  The syntactical choices...the choice of words...the sheer length of the post in comparison to the poster's previous oeuvre...the foray into pop psychology...just does not seem like original material.

Guest Pamela

I can't say for 100% certain...but I strongly believe this to be a copy 'n paste job.  The syntactical choices...the choice of words...the sheer length of the post in comparison to the poster's previous oeuvre...the foray into pop psychology...just does not seem like original material.

Will need to add detective to my list of accomplishments...

https://witchrants.wordpress.com/tag/crazy-forum-moderators/

Will need to add detective to my list of accomplishments...

https://witchrants.wordpress.com/tag/crazy-forum-moderators/

:clap:

I dub thee Sir William, First Knight and Protector of the NYC forum against bulls--t and plagiaristic "rants".

So, seanick... do you have any thoughts of your own you'd like to share with us?  Maybe some experiences you've had at KBoards (formerly Kindleboards)?

Seriously... all this because you're still butthurt about getting a warning a couple of months ago for continuing a conversation about a dead cop/cop ethics, after I had asked people to stop?

To be honest, I was more amused than anything else when I read that post last night in passing.  But Good Lord, you need to learn to move on, before you make yourself look even worse.

So, seanick... do you have any thoughts of your own you'd like to share with us? Maybe some experiences you've had at KBoards (formerly Kindleboards)?

Seriously... all this because you're still butthurt about getting a warning a couple of months ago for continuing a conversation about a dead cop/cop ethics, after I had asked people to stop?

To be honest, I was more amused than anything else when I read that post last night in passing. But Good Lord, you need to learn to move on, before you make yourself look even worse.

You can't script this, lol. Just a month ago he bitched about not enough moderation, and wanted more mods. Now all you guys are crazy and power hungry? lol and yanks, you post regularly in 3 different subforums, so just because you were 5ppd by another forums' mod is invalid. Stop whining, stop saying thanks for the support, you're not a politician, and realize it was done for a reason, and change your posting style. And actually sit back and learn for once. It's not hard. And for lolz here's seanick's post from a month ago.

In my opinion, there needs to be more moderators to balance out the power. The favoritism and political bias has got to go. Moderators cannot enforce rules for some members and not for others. Many people have gotten warnings in this banter thread for being off topic, yet others continue to be off topic, offensive, racist, and other things as well. We all know which posters are liked by the moderators and those who are not.

So, seanick... do you have any thoughts of your own you'd like to share with us?  Maybe some experiences you've had at KBoards (formerly Kindleboards)?

To be honest, I was more amused than anything else when I read that post last night in passing.  But Good Lord, you need to learn to move on, before you make yourself look even worse.

OT: I hate when people use this word, it's like a new word fad like "ratched" or "cray" or "twerk" that people all over Youtube and message boards are using. 

It seems like people take issue with yanks fan because of his like of rainy weather on occasion. Everyone has a favorite type of weather. He doesn't make baseless claims, his claims are shown on one model or another.

Its really no different than people saying "next week looks really nice on the gfs". Nobody has issues with that, but when he says it shows a rainstorm next week, people tell him its a week out, it won't happen, he's wish casting, or whatever it may be.

Everyone has a preference, and none of them are right or wrong. It seems nobody wants to hear anything if its not showing snow in the winter, or nice weather in spring and summer.

It seems like people take issue with yanks fan because of his like of rainy weather on occasion. Everyone has a favorite type of weather. He doesn't make baseless claims, his claims are shown on one model or another.

Its really no different than people saying "next week looks really nice on the gfs". Nobody has issues with that, but when he says it shows a rainstorm next week, people tell him its a week out, it won't happen, he's wish casting, or whatever it may be.

Everyone has a preference, and none of them are right or wrong. It seems nobody wants to hear anything if its not showing snow in the winter, or nice weather in spring and summer.

It seems like you have this entire issue wrong.

I don't care that he likes rain. However he has a tendency to hang on to the model showing a desirable outcome. He doesn't seem to know when to let go and see the writing on the wall. And yes it usually is wish casting.

There's a difference between saying " if the euro is right we could make a run at august 2011" and assuming the euro will be right because it had a rainy outcome

Guest Pamela

:clap:

I dub thee Sir William, First Knight and Protector of the NYC forum against bulls--t and plagiaristic "rants".

*Takes a bow*

yanksfan is classic dunning-kruger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

"Unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude."

Hello pot, my name's kettle

Archived