northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happens... that's gotta be about the fastest translation of an approximate 900,000 sq naut mile cyclones in the history of cyclones that are that large. 24 hours, and it's cleared NS, and we are on the doorstop of a wind veer toward the SW...

D6 heralds spring ... deep layer WSW flow through +2 to +4C at 850 should easily push regional temps into the 60s at this time of year. It'll be interesting if this storm impacts with a blizzard; could be the quickest environmental turnarounds we've witness in some time.

seems my memory of late season blockbusters is repete with warm spring days right after.

Monster storm for every poster here...then by next weekend..it's shorts and t shirt time as Dr Dew returns.

This storm is going to be up there with April 1997 in my belief

I tend to be less bullish but in this cast I believe you're 100% right. I'm calling 1-2 feet for metro Boston.

seems my memory of late season blockbusters is repete with warm spring days right after.

I was thinking this too...

I'm wondering if it is because big storms seem to bookend paradigm shifts in the atmosphere, when/where if it is post equinox and the storm signals the dial flips into a milder pattern, the change can be rather abrupt, and extreme.  It's kind of our "Denver" time of year. 

That's an epic UKMET storm...  good christ.  Obscenity, through and through.

There are no parametrics that could be more perfectly designed on that D4 chart.

it's also a 2.5 stream phase by the way... particularly rare.  It's probably a good thing that,

1)  the UKMET is bit erratic around our part of the hemisphere, and

2)  the system is progressive... that thing stalled would not be the sort of problem people really want.

... UK's been the most consistent, by the way.  Other than tedious inconsequential nuance the last 3 cycles really have not deviated enough.   

I tend to be less bullish but in this cast I believe you're 100% right. I'm calling 1-2 feet for metro Boston.

Fully agree.

We're all a little gunshy, but the writing's on the wall imho. Not the same suppression regime we've suffered before. It seems there's pretty good guidance consensus on larger scale features, but now

just a matter of timing how the pieces of energy ejecting off NC interact. Even if the lead shortwave ejects far east, there is so much residual energy that the slp gets tugged back.

Scheduled to give a talk Wed 12pm. This talk was postponed from a previous Wednesday: February 5, 2014. You remember what happened that date.

Archived