northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I saw nothing that screamed, oh crap!  Just another solution in the myriad of ones we will see.  One thing I do like seeing is it bombing out as it passes our latitude.  This may be one of those systems that looks like its going to escape east but get captured and tugged west a little bit as the trailing s/w catches up to it.  And it doesn't hurt to see that p/v dropping south some too.

Interesting Euro solution.  I would not get hung up just yet on any 12z solution.  Still lots of time for this to go either way.  If this plays out as such, looks like we 'll be delaying soccer for at least a week, lol.  Nice to hear the Euro Ensm similar to the Op.

just looking through the KU book, I would have to say the only storm that is similar to the modeled evolution of this event going strictly by mslp is march 1-2 1914 .. only as modeled this storm is about 150 mi further east. same idea though with a rapidly intensifying low hooking to the west (952 mb over long island!!). would be nice to see 500 mb for this case

post-144-0-77648900-1395519399_thumb.jpg

Fully agree.

We're all a little gunshy, but the writing's on the wall imho. Not the same suppression regime we've suffered before. It seems there's pretty good guidance consensus on larger scale features, but now

just a matter of timing how the pieces of energy ejecting off NC interact. Even if the lead shortwave ejects far east, there is so much residual energy that the slp gets tugged back.

Scheduled to give a talk Wed 12pm. This talk was postponed from a previous Wednesday: February 5, 2014. You remember what happened that date.

3 times the charm?...lol.

They all imply a sharp cut off around I 95 to me....forget that gradual drop off to .5" in central MA.

Not happening.

This storm is not going to have a sharp cut off. 

The trough going negative allows all kinds of moisture to get thrown back very far to the west..This isn't a storm fighting dry air.

This is going to very significantly impact the entire region with very heavy snows and very strong winds

I know what is unreasonable about interpreting this as a consensus for cut off around I 95. 

That is considering every piece of guidance out there.

And the model consensus is definitely a scraper right now. I don't know why people are arguing on that. 

This storm is not going to have a sharp cut off. 

The trough going negative allows all kinds of moisture to get thrown back very far to the west..This isn't a storm fighting dry air.

This is going to very significantly impact the entire region with very heavy snows and very strong winds

Ok.

Enjoy that.

Euro ensemble has definitely cut back QPF outside of the east coast. Like Ray, I do think a sharp cut-off is likely with the QPF. It won't surprise me to see that cut-off sharpen more in the coming runs. 

I agree due to the initial best baroclinic zone being pushed offshore.  That should correct itself as the low bombs out as it passes by.  Call me a weenie but I feel the greatest impacts will be felt S & E of PVD/ BOS if it plays out as such.

Now you're just trolling/being a weenie. 

I 100% believe this gets snow that far west..

You don't get sharp cutoff with a low over the BM and a captured low/negative tilt

Just my opinion and I like how all models and ens have come NW

Maybe I'll be wrong..and that's ok..I 've had a gut feeling on this one

I 100% believe this gets snow that far west..

You don't get sharp cutoff with a low over the BM and a captured low/negative tilt

Just my opinion and I like how all models and ens have come NW

Maybe I'll be wrong..and that's ok..I 've had a gut feeling on this one

First of all the storm is not over the benchmark as modeled... it's a decent jog SE of there. 

Secondly there will be a sharp cut off - the cold conveyorbelt/comma head is going to be very intense and mature as the storm passes by. It will be the haves and the haves nots. 

I agree due to the initial best baroclinic zone being pushed offshore.  That should correct itself as the low bombs out as it passes by.  Call me a weenie but I feel the greatest impacts will be felt S & E of PVD/ BOS if it plays out as such.

Absolutely.

Not weenieish at all.

This is what I have been saying.

Archived