• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

I can't get too invested for NW MA until I see a big enough NW jog that folks on the CP start to worry about p-type issues.  lol

Right there with you, Chris.  Nothing to get all worked up about here at this point.  Lowest of expectations--if it ends up coming close and bringing taint to 84, great (ain't gonna happen I don't think).  Otherwise, our snow pack will continue to die a slow death and spring will blossom in due time.

We'll see how the overnight plays out.

Good night.

32.8/23

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think this is going to be SNE special and also a East MA special. The strenth and position of this storm currently modeled I really believe will be the final outcome. I also agree that the shape of the storm will create a gradient pattenrn simmilar to Jan 21 of this yeear. MBY SNH will see nothing except high clouds. This is what our local forcast is showing. I really think that this is ok since theses areas absolutely deserve this and and I hope they get burried. This late in March amazing and just shows you how special this winter is.

I agree on the high probability of an outcome similar to modeled. This is likely not going to spread the wealth like some of past lore. However, the probability is not zero that CNE can get in on the fun.

I really think this is going to be SNE special and also a East MA special. The strenth and position of this storm currently modeled I really believe will be the final outcome. I also agree that the shape of the storm will create a gradient pattenrn simmilar to Jan 21 of this yeear. MBY SNH will see nothing except high clouds. This is what our local forcast is showing. I really think that this is ok since theses areas absolutely deserve this and and I hope they get burried. This late in March amazing and just shows you how special this winter is.

I'd be willing to bet we get at least 2'' out of this thing.

My college canceled all outdoor games this past week. This happens every year it seems. They only get a handful of games in in the first few weeks, then have games pretty much everyday for the final three weeks of school

Not as bad as up at Plymouth State. At least you're grass now. Fields up there still have 2'+...long way to go for sports lol.

And the establishment they would be overthrowing would be...the ukmet? Or just weenies' hopes in general?

they would score an epic coup bc they have already been pretty steadfast minus one or two runs for days already and the few runs that were closer were really not that far different but close enough for sensible impacts to a larger part of the area

they would score an epic coup bc they have already been pretty steadfast minus one or two runs for days already and the few runs that were closer were really not that far different but close enough for sensible impacts to a larger part of the area

They have been steadfast...SE of the benchmark. I don't get how that is a coup. They have done what they were designed for.

Not trying to be a jerk about it, I just don't understand your point about them scoring a coup.

Fwiw (not much I know) Tim Kelly says most of us get an inch or two.  Then his five day looks like a blizzard? Strange guy.

Also fwiw Kelly said on his noon report today that eastern coastal areas and se MA to the cape would get snow "in the double digits, and single digits elsewhere".

Also fwiw Kelly said on his noon report today that eastern coastal areas and se MA to the cape would get snow "in the double digits, and single digits elsewhere".

Indeed he did. We'll see lol.

General question to anyone, isn't the euro known for handling really powerful systems very well and the GFS has a tendency to struggle with them (At least when it comes to east coast cyclogenesis)?

Really I don't see 2 inches not with temps above freezing on Wed and this storm being so strong and coma shaped this is not going to propogate west. Fluid dynamics and the current position of the high and phasing of the storm or lack there of.

temps are not above freezing,strength of the storm ? You do remember Sandy, how about March last year.If it does get captured it can come way west

General question to anyone, isn't the euro known for handling really powerful systems very well and the GFS has a tendency to struggle with them (At least when it comes to east coast cyclogenesis)?

It's relative, and it's not limited to really powerful storms.

actually my memory is that the UK handles bombogenesis best

Not entirely certain on the lack of heavy precip into Central New England, Seems to me like most models are propagating the precipitation field outwards on the western side in some way shape or form.

temps are not above freezing,strength of the storm ? You do remember Sandy, how about March last year.If it does get captured it can come way west

This is what we are looking for the models to give any indication of the next 24 hours.  The players are certainly moving into better data sampling now so we'll see. I don't see why so many peeps are discounting the possibility of a more amped up NW solution. 

Not entirely certain on the lack of heavy precip into Central New England, Seems to me like most models are propagating the precipitation field outwards on the western side in some way shape or form.

deep easterly 850 inflow over a cold dome well prior to to any CCB formation probably account for a lot of that

This is what we are looking for the models to give any indication of the next 24 hours. The players are certainly moving into better data sampling now so we'll see. I don't see why so many peeps are discounting the possibility of a more amped up NW solution.

This thread has been relatively benign compared to others.

That said, it's because only one model is showing it west, and it only has available precipitation maps out to 72 hours.

They have been steadfast...SE of the benchmark. I don't get how that is a coup. They have done what they were designed for.

Not trying to be a jerk about it, I just don't understand your point about them scoring a coup.

well they would certainly be in better agreement than with last feb blizz or frankly any other event this winter plus it be the first lr storm in ages that actually became a storm, not a phantom like so many other times recently

Archived