northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That s/w induces a NORLUN trough look that almost wants to develop a secondary south of LI. Sometimes these things actually portend the low being a bit further west. That lead low sort of causes issues, but if that is a bit weaker or not modeled properly..it has a significant impact on where the low develops/moves.

My gut says the 00z suite looks nice. Like I said last night I think this is a E MA storm at worst. I don't see how it whiffs.

I don't think anyone expects sne east of the Berkshires to see nothing but a cirrus canopy, but the concern is that the meat and potatoes are confined to se MA/CC.

The bulk looks to occur during the day on Wednesday, too, so a total .5" of qpf over 6 hours won't cut it.

That s/w induces a NORLUN trough look that almost wants to develop a secondary south of LI. Sometimes these things actually portend the low being a bit further west. That lead low sort of causes issues, but if that is a bit weaker or not modeled properly..it has a significant impact on where the low develops/moves.

Yes - you can see strong convergence from the Jersey Shore all the way east to where that initial low forms. Pretty neat look. Not a surprise to see QPF bump up.

The low takes a circuitous route to get to a location NW of 00z by 102 hours.

I'm guessing the ensembles will be even farther NW than 00z. 

The capture and stall makes total sense given how strong that s/w is. The question is how soon does it happen, and how strong and the location of that sh*tty lead low.

3 or 6 hours will make all the difference with the capture and wx impact here in SNE. 

I don't think anyone expects sne east of the Berkshires to see nothing but a cirrus canopy, but the concern is that the meat and potatoes are confined to se MA/CC.

The bulk looks to occur during the day on Wednesday, too, so a total .5" of qpf over 6 hours won't cut it.

Obviously the higher sun angle and I haven't seen the Euro but the BL looks to be pretty cold throughout, so I'm not sure this is going to be that much of an issue. If you could rip .5'' of QPF in 6 hours there shouldn't be an issue.

Obviously the higher sun angle and I haven't seen the Euro but the BL looks to be pretty cold throughout, so I'm not sure this is going to be that much of an issue. If you could rip .5'' of QPF in 6 hours there shouldn't be an issue.

I can see temps struggling to make it > 20 for this given the 850 temps and low dewpoints.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yeah...0.50" in 6hrs is a wallop...even if it is spread out evenly. It's the 0.01"-0.03"/hr garbage you want to avoid. Especially if you're dealing with thin overcast.

You've been staying stuff like this for over a month.

It goes both ways.

I understand things can change, but my thoughts aren't just based on current guidance.

My gut just tells me this will be a glancing blow.

I have not said anything in a month, what are you talking about,Euro just showed 8-10 for you,how anyone can say where a ccb setsup 4 days out is a mystery

Whatever happens... that's gotta be about the fastest translation of an approximate 900,000 sq naut mile cyclones in the history of cyclones that are that large.  24 hours, and it's cleared NS, and we are on the doorstop of a wind veer toward the SW...

D6 heralds spring ... deep layer WSW flow through +2 to +4C at 850 should easily push regional temps into the 60s at this time of year. It'll be interesting if this storm impacts with a blizzard; could be the quickest environmental turnarounds we've witness in some time. 

Archived