Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Lol Monday night sneaky event

Ji

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are people lying about totals to help out CWG? Now where near 1/2" in alexandria this morning. 1/4" is generous.

Sent from my iPhone

alexandria is huge..depends where...plus yes the general public isn't going to do a very good job measuring...they probably just look at it and call it 1/2"....It's 35 degrees...anyone who waited too late to do a measurement is going to get a compacted, melty total

alexandria is huge..depends where...plus yes the general public isn't going to do a very good job measuring...they probably just look at it and call it 1/2"....It's 35 degrees...anyone who waited too late to do a measurement is going to get a compacted, melty total

Sun angle was torching my face. Awesome.

I had like .4" so I assumed it was .5".. Maybe more but doubtful 0.75"?

Sun angle was torching my face. Awesome.

I had like .4" so I assumed it was .5".. Maybe more but doubtful 0.75"?

I doubt 0.75"...Though I did have a lot of crap mix in toward the end of the 1st wave and clearly during the second wave too (that was area wide), based on the type of snow that fell....if you had less crud mix in then maybe, but 0.5" is probably right..also based on spotter reports...closest 0.7"+ is pretty far away...it was fun because of super low viz, but other than that....bust

Are people lying about totals to help out CWG? Now where near 1/2" in alexandria this morning. 1/4" is generous.

Sent from my iPhone

Someone at work told me they saw Channel 7 report .6" in Stephens City.  I live in Stephens City, and there was .25".  I wonder where some of these reports come from, but they can easily just take it from a facebook post or a tweet.  I believe it is pretty common for lay folk to over-estimate snow fall, so I don't trust many reports outside of the official reporting stations, unless I read it from some rational folks posting on here.

Archived