• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

They cancelled school tomorrow in Atlanta for some rain. Come on, I understand Wednesday, but tomorrow? They are probably going to be out the rest of the week if the storm happens like TWC and others are hyping. The main focus should be on areas like Columbia, Charlotte, Roanoke, Grenville, Augusta, and Washington DC.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad P updated his map for the mountains, btw. I don't know how you go from 4-8" to 4-5" to 7-9" all in one evening lol like others said, I don't know what he saw earlier.

Should make you mountain folk content

1655723_619989894740137_736008534_o.png

Mrs. Tamland prolly laid down the hammer.

If that's the case, I feel for him. Mrs. 27696WxNut has been telling me to get off the weather sites since 3 days prior to the last storm. She can always tell when something is brewing based on my time on these sites and how often I check my phone!!!

They cancelled school tomorrow in Atlanta for some rain. Come on, I understand Wednesday, but tomorrow? They are probably going to be out the rest of the week if the storm happens like TWC and others are hyping. The main focus should be on areas like Columbia, Charlotte, Roanoke, Grenville, Augusta, and Washington DC.

Thanks for the shout out! Waycross in tha house! I feel good. All these supposed bad runs for Raleigh and such and I'm still in a good spot!

Brad P updated his map for the mountains, btw. I don't know how you go from 4-8" to 4-5" to 7-9" all in one evening lol like others said, I don't know what he saw earlier.

Should make you mountain folk content

I wonder if he's favoring a more easterly solution?  It would almost have to be to get the I-85 corridor from N CLT up towards GSO and northward in the sweet spot.  I guess the mountains get the lift to allow them to score big, too, with a minimum in the foothills.  I don't really agree as I believe the best totals will be in the foothills and mountains, but we'll see.

If that's the case, I feel for him. Mrs. 27696WxNut has been telling me to get off the weather sites since 3 days prior to the last storm. She can always tell when something is brewing based on my time on these sites and how often I check my phone!!!

Ha! I got in trouble for the phone check yesterday. But I took care of it. I developed mysterious "stomach issues" during important model runs and went to the restroom a lot.

What will the Weenie Channel name this storm?

Yet another source with very different forecast totals. They just showed snowfall projections and had CLT over to foothills in 1-3 inch range with small bubble of 3-5 over corner of SW NC Mtns and Upstate. That makes it sound like a totally different storm. Then I saw FOX 21 in Greenville show their may and it had 2 inches for NC Mtns and 4-6 for Southern Mtns and Northern Upstate. Amazing how different all these are. 

RGEM gives 2-3" front end snow then sleet, only through 48 hours, SLP is a nice track through 48. This is for RDU, only metogram I have for NC

That's what I'm talking about! Pack bout to go all in. Yeah baby!

You're just west of RDU, right? We ought to be similar in ptype, if the gradient doesn't set up exactly over us.

Ha! I got in trouble for the phone check yesterday. But I took care of it. I developed mysterious "stomach issues" during important model runs and went to the restroom a lot.

Ha ha ha. Stomach issues.....that's a new one. Have to remember that one.......

Sure hope this thing comes east just a tad. Sorry has to post MBY hopes. Just do not want the ZR.

I wonder if he's favoring a more easterly solution?  It would almost have to be to get the I-85 corridor from N CLT up towards GSO and northward in the sweet spot.  I guess the mountains get the lift to allow them to score big, too, with a minimum in the foothills.  I don't really agree as I believe the best totals will be in the foothills and mountains, but we'll see.

This may actually be happening. With this evenings models showing a more easterly solution and local mets and TWC showing much smaller totals than we were thinking earlier today that may be the trends. Systems always change up until they actually happen, and we were in the bullseye 2-3 days out. You know there will be changes... I am hoping for a small last minute jog back west with the precip bulk. 

Yet another source with very different forecast totals. They just showed snowfall projections and had CLT over to foothills in 1-3 inch range with small bubble of 3-5 over corner of SW NC Mtns and Upstate. That makes it sound like a totally different storm. Then I saw FOX 21 in Greenville show their may and it had 2 inches for NC Mtns and 4-6 for Southern Mtns and Northern Upstate. Amazing how different all these are. 

Kendra just said 4-8" in the upstate which is a hell of a lot better than her cronies! She hasn't been on over the weekend so now maybe they will make a little more since(Fox21).

Since Andy left I will only watch her and since Chris Justice came to WYFF I watch them a lot more than I used to.

Kendra just said 4-8" in the upstate which is a hell of a lot better than her cronies! She hasn't been on over the weekend so now maybe they will make a little more since(Fox21).

Since Andy left I will only watch her and since Chris Justice came to WYFF I watch them a lot more than I used to.

Yep. Kendra is still erring on the safer side, but her totals have increased thrice since yesterday.

Chris Justus is a good cat for our area, similar to Andy in how he calls it.

Also, why is there so much concern over a slight tick east? A.] It takes the ice aspect even farther away from upstate SC and B.] GSP will do fine either way.

Archived