• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

Sorry... I hope I didn't sound like I was questioning your intelligence. :)  I struggled it with when I first used it... but it sounds like you have real problems.

No problem! Appreciate the help anyway.

Down to 39 here. Hopefully we will see some of the initial band of precip tomorrow although as modeled it looks to slide just to the south. Mackerel may be in a better spot.

Liquor of choice here is Taaka vodka. $11.95 for a handle and it's appropriate given the winter weather.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facebook is a vast wasteland.

These comments are not unlike the ones already deleted in the discussion thread here at amwx.

Power outages will probably be an issue in all areas.  The all-snow areas are going to get a lot and lots of snow can bring down trees and power lines just like ZR...  The areas that stay sleet for the longest time should make out the best as far as power outages, IMO.

Whenever I hear of heavy wet snow, I think of Jan 2000.  Places right on the rain snow line had horrible tree damage w/ nearly 2' of wet snow.  Moore County was clobbered!

Yep, I just made my liquor and stogie run, lol. Got me some scotch whiskey to keep me warm. Plenty of firewood, canned food etc. Even if all i get is ice and no snow, I'm ready! Anything wintry. What kind of liquor did you get? Just some JD here...but it will do the trick when the world turns white lol.

Tequila!  And Captain Morgan.  And there's some Bailey's around here somewhere for dumping in the coffee and hot cocoa.  Even when you have to make it on a camp stove, Bailey's makes it better...

These comments are not unlike the ones already deleted in the discussion thread here at amwx.

I feel sorry for Robert with regards to the FB comments. It's like they don't read his post at all and just spew a steady stream of "what about mby?".  With variations of "why hasn't the NWS issued a warning for mby" (as if it's Robert's job to know or tell them), and "are you sssuuuuuuuuuuuurre it's not going to move <insert direction here> so I can get some snow in mby?".  :lol:

Tequila!  And Captain Morgan.  And there's some Bailey's around here somewhere for dumping in the coffee and hot cocoa.  Even when you have to make it on a camp stove, Bailey's makes it better...

and a case and a half of Sierra Nevada, a 12'er of Reds Apple and a dozen mixed Samuel Adams and other beers. Maybe a 1/2gal of Woodfords and some Mystic bourbon liquor.

I feel sorry for Robert with regards to the FB comments. It's like they don't read his post at all and just spew a steady stream of "what about mby?".  With variations of "why hasn't the NWS issued a warning for mby" (as if it's Robert's job to know or tell them), and "are you sssuuuuuuuuuuuurre it's not going to move <insert direction here> so I can get some snow in mby?".  :lol:

He probably does what a lot of ole timers here do, ignore the weenies.

He's trolling for business.  It must be working out because he is still there.  Robert is nobody's fool.

Tequila! And Captain Morgan. And there's some Bailey's around here somewhere for dumping in the coffee and hot cocoa. Even when you have to make it on a camp stove, Bailey's makes it better...

Capt Morgan, Grey goose, tequila and a case of Miller lite topped with a roll of grizzly straight. Generac generator fueled up and tested, new sleds and a snow shovel. Now hit me hard' I can take it!

Capt Morgan, Grey goose, tequila and a case of Miller lite topped with a roll of grizzly straight. Generac generator fueled up and tested, new sleds and a snow shovel. Now hit me hard' I can take it!

Have all of those things except the Goose, the beer and the generator.  Been going back and forth on that last item and finally decided not to bother.  Hoping we don't regret that decision, but we camp quite a bit (incl primitive and cold weather) so I'm cool with a few days of no electricity - we have gas water heater and stove, so nobody will starve or get stinky.  If it went much beyond the weekend though I'd be out generator shopping.

My sis decided to have my niece's flight to NYC changed from Wednesday evening to this evening instead of tomorrow morning to play it 100% safe. Other students who already had planned flights are doing the same. I wonder what would happen if the storm somehow was a flop lol? All of that school missed by those flying out tonight lol? Anyway, thanks to those who responded.

Have all of those things except the Goose, the beer and the generator. Been going back and forth on that last item and finally decided not to bother. Hoping we don't regret that decision, but we camp quite a bit (incl primitive and cold weather) so I'm cool with a few days of no electricity - we have gas water heater and stove, so nobody will starve or get stinky. If it went much beyond the weekend though I'd be out generator shopping.

I've actually got it scheduled with blue ridge for a whole home 20,000 watt system next week that runs on natural gas (part of my remodeling project) but went and bought a portable yesterday just in case. Got retired elderly neighbors and a mother in law up the street that I worry about mostly. Hopefully won't need it but heavy wet snow and wind can due a bunch of damage as well as ice so I bit the bullet.

Have all of those things except the Goose, the beer and the generator. Been going back and forth on that last item and finally decided not to bother. Hoping we don't regret that decision, but we camp quite a bit (incl primitive and cold weather) so I'm cool with a few days of no electricity - we have gas water heater and stove, so nobody will starve or get stinky. If it went much beyond the weekend though I'd be out generator shopping.

In the same boat as you concerning the generator, mainly debating it because I have a couple hundred pounds of venison and pork in my chest freezer and if power goes out for any long length if time and I lose it all, I might cry.

In the same boat as you concerning the generator, mainly debating it because I have a couple hundred pounds of venison and pork in my chest freezer and if power goes out for any long length if time and I lose it all, I might cry.

It was exactly this reason that I went ahead and bit the bullet and purchased a generator today. If I lost all my vension, I know I would cry! 

Archived