Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does everyone think of waiting until it is obvious this is something special and then I will add a thread for "storm photos", rather than letting the photos slow down the OBS thread.  If this plays out as modeled, I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of pictures.

What say you?

I don't see how?!?

850s are too warm from the beginning and one hell of a dryslot rides up the coast paralleling 95 corridor.

]

I was looking at this.

We are on the freezing mark and still some very light precip. Not gonna happen though especially remember what the NAM what showing a couple of weeks ago and what actually happened.

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/data/nam/18/nam_namer_063_10m_wnd_precip.gif

NWS-GSP has ramped up totals in Belmont, NC to 13" of total snow and ice that could accumulate. They are really upping the totals up everywhere for that matter...

Yeah, same for CLT too.  I'm not counting the tuesday slush, but the storm total for me is 5-11 range.  Best is they are not forecasting any mixing issues.  Best news all day. 

Hopefully the trends keep getting colder and wetter. 

Oh GSP :wub:

• Tuesday A chance of snow. Patchy fog between 11am and 2pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 35. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
  • Tuesday Night A chance of snow, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Light and variable wind becoming north northeast 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
  • Wednesday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 30. Northeast wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
  • Wednesday Night Snow. Low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

If this is even half the storm it appears now, we definitely need a photo thread! 14 inch snow is my benchmark snow, never thought I would see it again in the south!!? Could be in jeopardy, if the stars align!!

Can I cook or can I? Guess everyone will want me to start the next thread LOL

What's the best guess on the precip line around Charlotte?  I'm about 20 miles directly east of uptown in the southern tip of Cabarrus county.  I'm trying to get a decent idea of what might happen IMBY but I'm not sure if I should include myself in the "Charlotte Metro" discussion.  I just have this nagging feeling I'll be directly east of the snow/sleet line and my friends in the QC will get bombed with all snow.

I wouldn't go into one of those stores the next two days if they were giving out free diamonds.

I just sit in the parking lot and when someone comes out all loaded down I roll my window down and yell, "HOARDING IS ILLEGAL". This is usually followed by a response of, "FU".

Now I'm old, and that kind of language scares me. So,I pull out my rifle, STAND MY GROUND and shoot the SOB. After that it's a simple matter of loading what's in his basket into the back of my car, all for the price of a single round of ammunition. Three rounds if the dude's on Meth. You can see why I love winter weather.

Well you wasted that alibi now didn't you. Now everybody knows

Why is RAH always last to put up, if they get this out tonight it might as well be tomorrow morning and with people working tomorrow it gives people tomorrow night to get ready, this could be a crazy winter event for the area and nothing.

US.png

wonder what GSP is waiting on for the warnings? 24 hours beofre big event.

Yes, this entire thread tangent is banter.  The models might not be for the public in your opinion (or mine), but the minute somebody decided to make a buck by selling access to anyone who wanted access, they became a product for the public.  There is no longer any guarantee that the person staring at the model has the education to understand it.  That ship has long sailed.

This afternoon's Euro snow clown map is saturating the internet like a zombie plague.  People actually believe it.  On top of the Ga Gov's press conference at lunchtime, the declared State of Emergency, and some of the local media mets using words like "historic storm", the public is worked up into a bit of a frenzy right now.

Although I suppose, if it gets them to buy their milk and bread and go home and STAY there until the storm has passed, it will have served a purpose.

Well whatever the NWS uses is going to be public, unless it's classified.  No reason to classify something just because people might think they're getting a lot of snow. 

But without it, would there really not be a frenzy?  Some people are looking at huge snow amounts and parts of inland SC and NC are looking at the potential for damage similar to what their areas saw with Hurricanes Hugo and Fran. 

It's dangerous and it's better to be overprepared than underprepared.

I had to run a few errands  today and it was absolutely insane at the stores. Entire parking lots were filled up at kroger, walmart, and publix. I had to walk a damn mile just to get into each store. this was right before noon when I got there and it took 2 hours to do something that shouldn't have took but a few minutes. I imagine it's probably even worse now. thank god I got it over with

Archived