Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok this is pretty fun now.  i have been excited about the storm.  gov had a press conference and now is mass panic lol.  stores (we have two grocery stores) are over flowing, people are driving like its the end of the world haha.  should be interesting.  esp if we wake up and the storm has disappeared lmao

Don't worry, I'm sure he will turn the Georgia National Guard over to Jim Cantore. "It Could Happen Tomorrow"

North Georgia and North ATL Metro schools are beginning to announce Tuesday/Wednesday closures.  Fulton, Cobb, Gordon and others so far.  Cherokee will hold out til the bitter end but will close also, I'm sure.

As a side note:  omgwtfbbq people, with the Euro snow clown maps?  You know those are a bit of an inaccurate joke right?  But people are posting them everywhere, they are spreading across the internet like a zombie snow map plague.  I just cruised through talkweather and a bunch of the newbies over there think that map is for real, and Atlanta is about to be wiped from the face of the earth. :)

What is RAH waiting on with the WSW???

They're choosing to handle the watches/advisories as separate events instead of one big event as other offices. This is due mainly to the fact that the wave tonight and tomorrow end up hitting the southern portion of the CWA more than the northern half. I wouldn't sweat the WSW structure. You will have your WSW, as will the entire CWA by later tonight.

That's not all snow in case people are not aware. Regardless, this is looking to be truly incredible if the 12Z Euro verifies.

Maybe it should say that on the map so that it doesnt mislead everyone ? Everyone on facebook sees that map and is going crazy. It does say "snow depth" after all, so taken literally that means the snow will be that deep.

Maybe it should say that on the map so that it doesnt mislead everyone ? Everyone on facebook sees that map and is going crazy. It does say "snow depth" after all, so taken literally that means the snow will be that deep.

We're getting off on banter here, but models are not for the general public. 

From the main thread...

So why have they not included the triad in this watch?

This is what I've been talking about. The Triad is stuck way out in RAH's no man's land. You see it in their social media posts, discussions, watches/warning/advisories. I'm not sure if anyone on their staff has been west of Southgate Mall.

There is MASS panic already in my town. I have a friend that works at Lowes Foods and she said bread is lying off the shelves and it's packed in there whereas it's normally dead this time of day. My sister lives in Boiling Springs, SC and she said that traffic is backed up through 3 stop lights trying to get to Walmart. Apparently the parking lot is full.

It would be really funny if the map Burger showed (TV station in house) actually happend and you were dry slotted and RDU got over a foot.  

LOL, I don't think he is worried about that.  I like CLT/GSO for the safest 8-10", HKY has the most upside though with the really amped Euro.  Even the to far east GFS gives HKY almost 1" of QPF.

Maybe you should consider not being a whining little b**** all of the time. There is literally a rain cloud that follows you everywhere

This is what I've been talking about. The Triad is stuck way out in RAH's no man's land. You see it in their social media posts, discussions, watches/warning/advisories. I'm not sure if anyone on their staff has been west of Southgate Mall.

Is there some sort of rule about forecast offices being too close together? You would think they would be located in major population centers, i.e. in Charlotte rather than GSP and maybe you could put one in GSO/Winston as well as Raleigh. Right now it seems cumbersome to  have so much mixing of zones across state lines.

There is MASS panic already in my town. I have a friend that works at Lowes Foods and she said bread is lying off the shelves and it's packed in there whereas it's normally dead this time of day. My sister lives in Boiling Springs, SC and she said that traffic is backed up through 3 stop lights trying to get to Walmart. Apparently the parking lot is full.

I can confirm the same is happening in metro Atlanta. Publix was insane. 

Problem is the 850's are warm for us, per the Euro, so it won't be snowing, it will either be sleet or frzn, if it's sleet than we could hang on a little longer but if its frzn we probably flip to rain even faster.

Pack, how's the new SREF look for track/temps? Or just hit me with the best link for it, and I'll go look.

Problem is the 850's are warm for us, per the Euro, so it won't be snowing, it will either be sleet or frzn, if it's sleet than we could hang on a little longer but if its frzn we probably flip to rain even faster.

they won't be when that sucker skirts 10 miles to the east of Hatteras :)  Believe in the power of the CAD

Archived