Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, me, too.  I'm still nervous as hell about mixing out this way, though.

I wouldn't be. Doing a blend of the gfs/nam if the placements of the 850 and slp are halfway right. Then the mixing area is Durham east over towards Raleigh

Soundings support all snow around Roxboro and Danville. So the Triad w/o a doubt all snow I'd say 85 n/w.

Speaking of snow its doing that moderately now. Ground is still dry :) .

Just made the drive on 40 from RDU to huntersville this morning and had flizzards from chapel hill through GSO, then it started to mix and changed to rain around Winston-Salem. Watching the surface temps on my phone was great, had 35 at statesville, while it was showing 47 in Charlotte just 40 miles south. Cold air seems to be on the advance!

It's the same track but the sfc low is quite a bit stronger.. QPF output is up and the mid level temps are crashing fast as it bombs off the SE coast.  The comma head is much stronger as well... 

The mid level temps being too warm is what gives us IP or ZR right? so the mid level temps are crashing? for what areas? please say everywhere...to include the Sandhills. lol.

It's the same track but the sfc low is quite a bit stronger.. QPF output is up and the mid level temps are crashing fast as it bombs off the SE coast.  The comma head is much stronger as well...

You guys are going to get absolutely crushed if that holds. Nice pull!

For our area, it looks like a raging rainstorm, just looking at the RH maps and the 850 line. It would seem hard to believe that we could be below freezing with the low that close.

You guys are going to get absolutely crushed if that holds. Nice pull!

For our area, it looks like a raging rainstorm, just looking at the RH maps and the 850 line. It would seem hard to believe that we could be below freezing with the low that close.

You would be surprised. The 93 storm, which gave us the shaft, ran up through the coastal plain. Greensboro did ok and they would have been about the same distance as we would depicted by the euro. BUT I think I read earlier the NWS thinks this will stay off the coast. More like the NAM/GFS.  

You have to remember Mack - when pack or CR talk of fails, it's primarily on there and of the universe. The SE is a big area.

Yes, exactly!

All you guys are all but guaranteed to get a huge hit unless something catestrophic happens. We're right on the line here in the Triangle. The Euro looks like mostly rain for us, just eyeballing it. I don't have the good stuff though. And the people that do are mostly in the western areas getting shellacked!

You would be surprised. The 93 storm, which gave us the shaft, ran up through the coastal plain. Greensboro did ok and they would have been about the same distance as we would depicted by the euro. BUT I think I read earlier the NWS thinks this will stay off the coast. More like the NAM/GFS.

Yeah, but that was a monster, though. Who knows. Like I said, I can't see the profiles. I hope the NWS is right. But if they are going to be, we need to see that solution from the Euro soon.

You guys are going to get absolutely crushed if that holds. Nice pull!For our area, it looks like a raging rainstorm, just looking at the RH maps and the 850 line. It would seem hard to believe that we could be below freezing with the low that close.

Verbatim it's about 0.8" of precip as frozen, maybe half snow than rest sleet, but then driving rain washes it away. Did we expect anything other than this. I don't think it's done, it may track up I-95. Good news, no frzn.

It sounds like it's over for RDU east. Damn, I'm really getting tired of getting the shaft here. All rain for us and more snow for Charlotte, the a Triad , etc. Total bummer.

We have to get used to it, I said this last week. It's going to be years for see a good snow, 4"+, we will continually have winter storms miss us NSEW. Literally every city around is will atleast 120% of climo the past 5 years and we will be 50%.

Looks like Wake Co. is in the 8-10 range on the Euro. I'll bet there's a lot of ice in there. Great hit for the western areas. You guys should be pumped! This is gonna be a good one.

We get thumped but rain washes it all away, if it comes in overnight we will have no idea what happened as it will just be wet outside.

Archived