Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, they were pretty good, colder than the CMC, would be more snowy for us.  Let's face it, Euro has been leading the way with this and it had a lot of rain for RDU verbatim last night, that's the only model I care about 60-72 hours out.

Thanks pack...I don't have access and didn't hear much about it.  Good to hear it's snowier for us.  I think it's a good thing to have the Ukie on our side.

Interesting from HPC...

PREFERENCE: BLEND OF 12Z NAM/GFS

ON THE LARGE SCALE A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM CERTAINLY APPEARS IN

ALL OF THE OPERATIONAL MODELS. PRECIPITATION IS FOCUSED INITIALLY

ALONG A MID LEVEL FRONTAL ZONE ORIENTED WEST TO EAST. LOW PRESSURE

THEN DEVELOPS ALONG THE GULF COAST BY WEDNESDAY MORNING AND TRACKS

TO JUST OFFSHORE OF THE MID ATLANTIC/DELMARVA TO NEW JERSEY BY

THURSDAY AFTERNOON. OUR PREFERENCE IS BASED ON TRENDS IN SOME OF

THE TIMING/TRACK/STRENGTH DETAILS. THE 00Z ECMWF WAS ON THE WEST

AND NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE ENSEMBLE SPREAD...AND WE AGREED TO THE

NIGHT SHIFT FAVORING A TRACK A LITTLE WAYS OFFSHORE BY 14/00Z.

WHAT THE 00Z ECMWF PROBABLY HAD CORRECT...THOUGH...WAS THE TREND

TOWARD A SLOWER MIGRATION OF THE LOW UP THE COAST. THIS IS EVIDENT

IN A SUBSTANTIAL SLOWING OF THE ECMWF ENSEMBLE MEAN IN THE 500 MB

SPAGHETTI PLOTS OVER THE PAST TWO CYCLES. THE 06Z GEFS MEAN

SUPPORTED THIS TREND...AND THE 12Z NAM/GFS FELL BETTER IN LINE

WITH THE MEANS COMPARED TO EARLIER RUNS.

A SOUTHERN STREAM SHORTWAVE HAD COME ASHORE THIS MORNING...SO THE

12Z MODELS ARE LIKELY HANDLING IT WELL. AN IMPORTANT NORTHERN

STREAM SHORTWAVE HAD NOT YET COME ASHORE...SO SOME MARKED TRENDS

MAY BE YET TO COME. THE 12Z NAM/GFS...HOWEVER...ARE CONSISTENT

WITH THE CURRENT TRENDS AND ENSEMBLE MEANS...WHICH GIVES US SOME

CONFIDENCE IN RECOMMENDING THEM.

That's very good news for RDU.

You suck!   :snowing:   Enjoy!

Hah, I'm still nervous about the sleet!  Don't worry, though.  Eventually, another eastern Piedmont special will come and you guys will get pounded while we in the west will be fringed. :)

Great SnowTV continues to go on out my window.  Beautiful snow.  On the other hand, it's kind of sad how hard it can snow without sticking to anything whenever it's 35 degrees at noon in February.  It looks like it's finally starting to stick to the grill, LOL.

Hah, I'm still nervous about the sleet! Don't worry, though. Eventually, another eastern Piedmont special will come and you guys will get pounded while we in the west will be fringed. :)

Great SnowTV continues to go on out my window. Beautiful snow. On the other hand, it's kind of sad how hard it can snow without sticking to anything whenever it's 35 degrees at noon in February. It looks like it's finally starting to stick to the grill, LOL.

That dam February sun angle is a killer! LoL

Hah, I'm still nervous about the sleet!  Don't worry, though.  Eventually, another eastern Piedmont special will come and you guys will get pounded while we in the west will be fringed. :)

Great SnowTV continues to go on out my window.  Beautiful snow.  On the other hand, it's kind of sad how hard it can snow without sticking to anything whenever it's 35 degrees at noon in February.  It looks like it's finally starting to stick to the grill, LOL.

No it won't, but thanks for hoping.  

You will probably mix some, but 8-10" with a say 0.5" of sleet would be crazy.

LOL, this band today is north of us, tomorrows band will be south of us.  You literally can't make this stuff up.

I'm sorry to see RDU get shafted, relatively speaking.

The Christmas storm shafted Orange and Alamance because the overrunning didn't actually get to us and the coastal didn't throw that much precip back west. These things happen.

The JMA just destroyed somebody, but I couldn't tell who.

Yeah, I think it might have dropped like 20-30" here or something. :lol:

You cruised on by us with March 2009, Dec 2009, Jan 2010, Feb 2010, March 2010, Feb 2012, Jan 2013 which leads us up to Feb 2014, LOL.

Yes, it hasn't been a good run for RDU lately...  GSO is still below average over the last five years, too, which makes it even worse for you guys.  It will eventually average out, though.

Despite my post being the first in this thread there are still very few mentions (if any at all) about Fayetteville. All the probability maps etc put us in like 30% of 2" sn or more and 40% 0.25" ice or more...soooo what are we, rain here? I'd rather here it from y'all than the super conservative NWS or TWC etc.

Archived