Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so at all.  The NAM is even more dangerously close to disaster for the Triad.  This has been very stressful.  I don't expect much sympathy for those on the ice side of things, but being right on the edge of the great snow line for 2 days knowing you have to stay there for 2 more days of model runs is pretty rough.  I'm really not sure we're going to make it.

Really?  NAM just spit out 1" QPF, even if you cut off a 1/3 of it that's still 0.65" of precip, 6-8" of snow, worst case.  NAM was probably to weak, if it was stronger it would have been better deform band.

I don't think so at all.  The NAM is even more dangerously close to disaster for the Triad.  This has been very stressful.  I don't expect much sympathy for those on the ice side of things, but being right on the edge of the great snow line for 2 days knowing you have to stay there for 2 more days of model runs is pretty rough.  I'm really not sure we're going to make it.

I think we probably stayed all-snow (maybe a brief period of sleet... not sure), eye-balling it from the maps.  That was actually a little colder than the 18z run of the NAM, I believe.  It's perilously close to a lot of sleet, no doubt, but if we want to jackpot, we'll have to toe the line.

Hey James, how did the eps look? What was the mean?

13" for us.  I'm not sure how much mixing there would be, though.  The track on the mean is a bit iffy and too far inland for my tastes, but it's definitely a major hit.  We'd be digging out.

-------------

Off topic, but the board is finally working a lot better now that they took out some of the profile functions. :)

You guys should really listen the show! It's all about the southeast! #NOT

LOL true. Still entertaining though and always educational. I missed the beginning, is one of the main guys - with the New England accent - DT? If so, I have to say he's very different "in person" than he is in writing/on FB. I'm finding him quite personable. Has my judgement been clouded by my storm excitement? I'm just so turned off by the attack mode profanity laced stuff that sometimes comes out on FB but this guy is nothing like that.

13" for us. I'm not sure how much mixing there would be, though. The track on the mean is a bit iffy and too far inland for my tastes, but it's definitely a major hit. We'd be digging out.

-------------

Off topic, but the board is finally working a lot better now that they took out some of the profile functions. :)

Thanks! Sounds great. I think we may get some sleet. Looks like we will avoid the freezing rain unless the models change a lot. I'm thinking 4-8 total accumulation for me depending on how much sleet we get. The roads are going to be packed down skating rinks for days!

Not sure what you were looking at to begin with. The first s/w was never going to be a big producer for the northern upstate. In fact, we would rather see the track just off the coast if truth be told.

Not saying it was supposed to be a big producer, but for several days local mets, GSP, and others have consistently said we would see 1-2 inches during the day Tuesday from the "1st system." That no longer seems to be the case. This would cut down on our totals, as well as miss an opportunity to cool air and surfaces down for the second system.

Archived