Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Kendra is still erring on the safer side, but her totals have increased thrice since yesterday.

Chris Justus is a good cat for our area, similar to Andy in how he calls it.

Also, why is there so much concern over a slight tick east? A.] It takes the ice aspect even farther away from upstate SC and B.] GSP will do fine either way.

Well 4-8 is what I have been telling people all day. Sorta playing it safe- not really going out on a limb either way, and probably the most realistic. Still, the totals Gville Mets are putting out are way less than what several well known internet mets have put out. Allan, DT, WxJordan all going with 8-12, Andy going with 6-12. Haven't seen or heard Roberts call. The last GSP map I saw even said 5-10. 

I guess concerned about eastward tick because it seems the models are putting less QPF in N Upstate now than earlier. I don't like the lower QPF trends as I have seen this play out before...  :axe: 

I like the gfs for the RDU area...I looks to be close to being mostly snow event. There is a 3 hour period towards the end that would probably be ip but I'll take it.

Yeah, that was interesting, now need UK and CMC agree with a tick east and I might believe. Who are we kidding, Euro is king...

I like the gfs for the RDU area...I looks to be close to being mostly snow event. There is a 3 hour period towards the end that would probably be ip but I'll take it.

I don't have access to the GFS and since the primary focus on the main thread is Charlotte, the Triad and Atlanta so I'm not sure RDU will be discussed much what are you thinking about our totals? Could we get more than 2"? By the way, Go Heels! If we can beat the dookies the pain of possibly getting shafted with this storm will be gone!

Yep. Kendra is still erring on the safer side, but her totals have increased thrice since yesterday.

Chris Justus is a good cat for our area, similar to Andy in how he calls it.

Also, why is there so much concern over a slight tick east? A.] It takes the ice aspect even farther away from upstate SC and B.] GSP will do fine either way.

what a lazy map by Kendra. She must have spent all of five min on that.

I don't have access to the GFS and since the primary focus on the main thread is Charlotte, the Triad and Atlanta so I'm not sure RDU will be discussed much what are you thinking about our totals? Could we get more than 2"? By the way, Go Heels! If we can beat the dookies the pain of possibly getting shafted with this storm will be gone!

You better be prepared! TWC has a huge area of widespread power outages and you are right in the middle. Also apparently the wind is going to pick up which will make matters even worse.

I'm ready   :D   As read as I'll ever be anyway....lol   The only thing left on my list is making cookies, brownies(a storm without chocolate will not happen) and roasting chicken for dinner tomorrow. Then I'm making chicken salad with the leftovers ;) 

hey guys im in Columbia sc and surrounded by several large oak trees.  are these trees as succeptible to falling as a result of freezing rain as pine trees?  haven't experienced a severe ice storm in a while and trying to determine if I should leave.

thanks!

I don't really know that answer, but I have seen different types of tree branches break due to the weight of ice. 

Never listening to the radio show again.  All about their stupid snow.  Not a crippling ice storm.

Nobody cares about crippling ice when they are getting a buttload of snow  :P

I think this storm broke Brick. Where is his azz?

I know right?!  :lol: 

Quit bein' freakin' greedy.  You RDU dorks were crying about rain earlier today and: like I said, you are quickly trending to an all white solution!  Leave the damn deform band over James and I where it freakin' belongs :)

No, what I'm talking about is a super wide, world class deform band that destroys us all. :)

Well 4-8 is what I have been telling people all day. Sorta playing it safe- not really going out on a limb either way, and probably the most realistic. Still, the totals Gville Mets are putting out are way less than what several well known internet mets have put out. Allan, DT, WxJordan all going with 8-12, Andy going with 6-12. Haven't seen or heard Roberts call. The last GSP map I saw even said 5-10. 

I guess concerned about eastward tick because it seems the models are putting less QPF in N Upstate now than earlier. I don't like the lower QPF trends as I have seen this play out before...  :axe:

I don't think lower QPF is an issue if the axis is oriented properly.

GSP is going higher than station mets. GSP to CLT and points just NW are still the money spots.

Quit bein' freakin' greedy.  You RDU dorks were crying about rain earlier today and: like I said, you are quickly trending to an all white solution!  Leave the damn deform band over James and I where it freakin' belongs :)

Have to agree - RDU has had several mega storms since 2000 that others farther west were completely skipped on. It's our turn for once!  :ee:

Unfortunately, all of them are trending east, so you may get it again  :weep:

Everybody freaking out over an eastern trend, the gfs still drops 6-9 across all of WNC.........................chill out people this will be big, everyone sees a storm trend  0.25 miles east one one model run and it's like the end of the world

:lol:  Not really freaking out, just discussing. You know we all want our BY to be the bullseye. We don't get too many chances to have a truly historic type winter storm in the SE and we all want to be the one to max out. 

Everybody freaking out over an eastern trend, the gfs still drops 6-9 across all of WNC.........................chill out people this will be big, everyone sees a storm trend  0.25 miles east one one model run and it's like the end of the world

Agreed, the UK held, need the better maps, looks to crush W-NC.

:lol:  Not really freaking out, just discussing. You know we all want our BY to be the bullseye. We don't get too many chances to have a truly historic type winter storm in the SE and we all want to be the one to max out. 

Oh I wasn't meaning you guys back east. I understand your excitement, it's the guys back west they are getting worried for no reason. 

Good sir, you may be on to something!  GFS drops that bad boy right on CLT, James, and I and drags it slowly east right over you guys nice and slow like.  Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

I'll take it! Pack just posted in the other thread that the UK didn't go east. That doesn't bode well for a legitimate trend. It's gonna be the US vs the world.

Foothills regions have to remember that we will have upslope snow enhancement even if we don't get in on the def. banding. Only the Hi-Res models will pick up on it

You should check out Brad P's latest video. There in-house model is showing exactly that.

Have to agree - RDU has had several mega storms since 2000 that others farther west were completely skipped on. It's our turn for once!  :ee:

Unfortunately, all of them are trending east, so you may get it again  :weep:

You must have us confused with another RDU.  Don't worry the storm isn't going anywhere, the GFS is the farthest east solution, it will correct back west some, I don't think the Euro is correct though, I think the UK is in the middle is a good bet, crushes W-NC.

Archived