gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the 0z GEFS is significantly wetter than the OP. Does anyone know where to get decent QPF maps for it? The NCEP page has those awful contour maps like what you'd find with the SREF.

Normally, Tropical Tidbits, but they haven't updated for the 18z GEFS or 00z GEFS runs, so I'm not sure what's going on with their site.  I'd like to see them, too.

I have a feeling this thing is shifting away from the mountains and foothills as far as what it was showing, tonight's runs has lowered my qpf everyone I can find. can't find CMC totals BUT I say if Euro shifts east tonight trouble for me...

Someone tell me something to calm my nerves. lol  earlier today models had the deformation band right over me, have not seen any maps tonight that showed it, but I bet it's east of me now.

Normally, Tropical Tidbits, but they haven't updated for the 18z GEFS or 00z GEFS runs, so I'm not sure what's going on with their site.  I'd like to see them, too.

Levi (only guy running the site) told few of us on Weather Underground that there's issues with his site while he was trying to update something to his site. Still very amazing he's doing all of this as a college student.

Now returning to regular programming...

anyone seen dawsonvillewx? He has models giving him freaking 10 to 12 inches of snow and he's no where around. wtf?

He checked in a couple of days ago and I think he said something about being in Florida during the storm? Not sure though. I have read so much stuff.

What about motowx??

I have a feeling this thing is shifting away from the mountains and foothills as far as what it was showing, tonight's runs has lowered my qpf everyone I can find. can't find CMC totals BUT I say if Euro shifts east tonight trouble for me...

Someone tell me something to calm my nerves. lol  earlier today models had the deformation band right over me, have not seen any maps tonight that showed it, but I bet it's east of me now.

Somebody said the deformation band  shifted east 50-75 miles I knew it would!!! lol

Pretty interesting situation for us just N of Atl.  The potential decent snow amounts appear to waffle from Cherokee as the western edge to Gainesville or a bit further E/NE as the western edge; a few miles could be substantial.  Coldish rain right now around here with the precursor system; looks like colder temps have filtered into parts of AL where they're getting snow.

Wild few days coming up; thoughts and prayers for those who may be devastated by the ice; that's the really ugly and dangerous part of this storms' evolution.

People*** should evacuate tomorrow before things get bad. GO SOUTH. If I didn't absolutely have to be here I'd be gone by now. Grab a hotel on the FL border.

***specifically, people in this demon strip from Augusta to Aiken to Columbia. It's heavily wooded, even inside the cities, and we're just utterly not prepared.

People*** should evacuate tomorrow before things get bad. GO SOUTH. If I didn't absolutely have to be here I'd be gone by now. Grab a hotel on the FL border.

***specifically, people in this demon strip from Augusta to Aiken to Columbia. It's heavily wooded, even inside the cities, and we're just utterly not prepared.

Really? Demon strip? Best post so far this thread.....

If it wasn't clear enough before, FFC makes sure to get it across this morning.

.SHORT TERM /00Z WED THRU 12Z THU/...
LETS JUST START BY SAYING THIS WINTER STORM MAY BE OF HISTORIC
PROPORTIONS FOR PORTIONS OF THE AREA.
WE ARE LOOKING AT SIGNIFICANT
SNOWFALL TOTALS NORTH /ESPECIALLY NORTHEAST/ AND SIGNIFICANT...
CRIPPLING...ICE TOTALS ESPECIALLY ALONG THE INTERSTATE 20 CORRIDOR.
THE HIGHEST ICE TOTALS WILL BE IN A ROUGH WEDGE GENERALLY FROM THE
METRO ATLANTA AREA AND POINTS EAST...SOUTH OF I-85...AND NORTH OF
I-16.

They have a long, but very detailed morning disco you can read there. Looks like they're expecting 7-9 inches of snow for NE GA, 4 inches for the remainder of N. GA, 2 inches for ATL metro, and 1 inch just south of there.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=FFC&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

Archived