bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like it is colder and more snow, less ice. Of course, the NAM seems to suck.

The 850 line is west of RDU while all of the precip falls on the NAM, except maybe the first little bit. I have no idea what the other layers look like. Are they colder? Wirdre is worrying me that it's going to be all rain. And I was all ready to believe the folks at the NWS.

SREF plumes keep at RDU near or above freezing for most of the storm. That'll take care of the ice problem.

Maybe. Maybe. But that wedge cad seems strong. Now if we are 31 or 32 degrees ice will find it tough to hang. But if we get a 28-29 degree sustained period with a slow to steady drop drop, that spells trouble.

Folsk, I actually have a life outside of here. And I need to sleep sometimes. And work sometimes.

Man, for once I hope DT is right. I much prefer his map than RaleighWx's.

haha! I know that feeling...the combination of working at school and covering ball games for the local paper, my time on here has been limited as well.

I think it's all sleet, much colder run, 2m temps look to be 26-28 and 850's +2.

Thanks man. And just want to say, thanks you, James, Grit, Burger, and all the other folks for providing a lot of details around this storm. You guys have the good stuff, and the willingness to share it and comment on it is very much appreciated. :)

I got SREF'ed two weeks ago. And Rap'ed too. It sucks.

How did the SREF perform on the last event?  I remember it being way west?  That doesnt seem to be the case this go round, but 7" seems like a realistic solution for GSO at this point.  

OK, so are we truly, really looking at having just rain for RDU?  I certainly don't want freezing rain but having a cold rain while people 1 1/2 hours to our west are getting a foot of snow would really be a bummer.  RDU has been getting the screw job for awhile but this might be the worst one.  

You'll know it's bad when you hear a low hum followed by a loud explosion as the ice kills the transformers (which is quite a pretty sight at night).  And yes, I know I'm sick :lmao:

I expect to hear a lot of that in the near future  :yikes: 

I really don't like RaleighWx's new map. That freezaing rain needs to saty away and shift that snow east.

He gave me more ice  :(      

Archived