• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

Trees and shrubs getting pasted! 3 inches on the ground, temp 34! No accums under pine and cedar trees or evergreen shrubs. Will be very damaging with a foot on top of this tomorrow !

Amazing to see 3 inches at your place and only dusting just a little north in Travelers Rest. Wonder what the reason for that is. Rates?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing to see 3 inches at your place and only dusting just a little north in Travelers Rest. Wonder what the reason for that is. Rates?

Yes. Ever since I woke up about 545 ish and looked at the radar, the heaviest returns were 85 and south and they still are. Currently mod- heavy snow and quarter size flakes

Yep we've been on the edge of it all morning. Have had moderate snow at times which gives us a dusting and then melts until the next dusting comes. Until late last night it looked like it would totally miss here so I'm not too surprised.

It's comical that there is complaining about watching snow fall and not piling up the roads. This is more than what was expected during the first hit.

Yep, I'm smiling up here near CLT. Nice little surprise as I wasn't expecting more than some token flakes or a few passing snow showers!

So to get this straight, bad runs for packbacker, brick , and cold rain = good runs for W NC and upstate?

Jackpot is between I-85 and 77, foothills does well.  GFS tracks low right over Hatteras, really have a nice consensus of that, Euro and GFS are maybe 25 miles apart.

Trees and shrubs getting pasted! 3 inches on the ground, temp 34! No accums under pine and cedar trees or evergreen shrubs. Will be very damaging with a foot on top of this tomorrow !

I'm very jealous. Getting heavy snow right now and still can't get a dusting with surface temps at 34. Been stuck at 34 all morning and nothing. This is the worst set up imaginable. I'd rather have 33 and rain while my neighbor is getting snow than to actually get snow with no accums!  :axe: 

the deformation band on the GFS is definitely further west this run and moving very slowly

A bit NW of I-85 ... GFS looks great actually.

I'd stay a fanned out stripe from GSP and NW between CLT and HKY on up into C VA is looking like the sweet spots based latest models.  I try to bias myself here, but I'll take it! :D

Archived