• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

Here's hoping the 12z EURO holds with the colder trend and holding mixing issues at bay near CLT. I don't want to be ungrateful for a nice 4-5 inch event, but MAN, I don't want to underperform on such a great setup.

Going to come down to which side of town and the county you are in. IMO, Less chance for mixing out towards lakes and over towards Concord, more down towards Mint Hill. I'm pulling for the transition line to set up on the far SE side of the county, going to be close. Like you said, I won't complain about 6" but if we have a shot at 10"+, I want to maximize all the snow I can get to fall.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pack, looks like a solid deform band moving through our area on the Ukie.  Nice!  Verbatim, of course.

The wraparound may be our only hope to see snow, the UK is a full fledged KU storm, as modeled, IMO.  The GFS is no where near as deep or as far north, this may go down as another epic GFS modeling blunder, just crazy how bad it's been, it's slowly closing the gap now that we are within 48 hours.

Welcome to the dark side, we have been waiting for you.  Get used to it, it's the new climo for our area, CLT to GSO and points west will easily get a foot, some 18", MA will get 18-24", NE will get 18-24", historic event, just not for us.  But it will be good to watch our friends west of here get clobbered.

Can't wait to update the snow totals thread, we will be at 50% of clime and everyone else will be 150-200%.

No it won't.

Honestly I think we need to wait and see how this plays out.  I've been in the bullseye before only to be too far east or west.  You just never know.

Exactly. RDU was almost in the bullseye with the last storm and it shifted east. Even if this doesn't play out, it will be RDUs turn someday, and others will get the shaft.

Ugh, snow to our south. I've been a student at state for 7 months now and my pessimism has gone through the roof. I see where other posters around here get it.

After my freshman year I turned pessimistic there too. Middle of the snow drought years just about. At least now, if things are a foothill special and miss CLT, I can drive straight up 16 and be I the thick of things back home in Northern Catawba County.

The models are great to look at but at this point we really need to focus on what the mterologist are saying. I've said this before, I've gained a lot of respect for RAH and how they have handeled that last few events. They have more knowledge on how the CAD will affect our weather than I think the models can depict.

The CAD can cause strange trends from models; whereas the 850s (and even the storm centers) can trend a little west while surface temps trend east.

THE GENERAL SETUP FOR THIS STORM WILL CONSIST A STRONG HIGH

SETTLING OVER NEW ENGLAND WEDNESDAY...WITH CLASSIC CAD EXPECTED TO

DEVELOP AS COLD AND DRY AIR FILTERS IN FROM THE NORTH.

Well, I hope they see something the Euro doesn't see. It seems everyone is going with the Euro now.

Exactly. RDU was almost in the bullseye with the last storm and it shifted east. Even if this doesn't play out, it will be RDUs turn someday, and others will get the shaft.

I do agree with this! While we will probably get the shaft again it will be our turn again someday. Regardless, Raleigh is a great place to live. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, snow or no snow!

Will you tell me I'm not getting an inch+ of ice?   Verbatimly speaking of course   :lol:   :P

I hope, verbatimgly speaking, you don't!  Otherwise, we'll have to backup CAE tomorrow and I'll be forced into OT.  You see, I'm not concerned about you, just me. :P

Will you tell me I'm not getting an inch+ of ice?   Verbatimly speaking of course   :lol:   :P

No, but I can tell you how you can raise the temp of your yard and save your trees.  It involves alcohol, a bikini and sending photos to the soon to be created storm photos thread.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you specifics.

I hope, verbatimgly speaking, you don't!  Otherwise, we'll have to backup CAE tomorrow and I'll be forced into OT.  You see, I'm not concerned about you, just me. :P

I can feel the love  :P   :lol:   :hug: 

No, but I can tell you how you can raise the temp of your yard and save your trees.  It involves alcohol, a bikini and sending photos to the soon to be created storm photos thread.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you specifics.

I don't think scaring the public would be a good idea  :lol:  :P  

Well verbatimly speaking, I doubt CLT will get 13 inches.

Well, and this is of course verbatimly speaking, I hope your doubt is proved wrong even though I know there is a near guarantee it's right. Keep up the good work down there, so glad To be covered by the GSP office!

Archived