12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 things for central NC folks, we want the SLP track south of the GA/FL line and over/east of HAT. We will know by 36 hours on the models if the SLP is tracking through GA or not. Our western NC friends want the opposite.

The WPC preferred track on the map posted in the main thread is really close to just that, is it not?

2 things for central NC folks, we want the SLP track south of the GA/FL line and over/east of HAT. We will know by 36 hours on the models if the SLP is tracking through GA or not. Our western NC friends want the opposite.

Which models are south of the line and which ones are north right now?  I have a feeling that I'm going to see a lot of sleet.  It seems like the higher resolution models have found a warm layer in the column.

Which models are south of the line and which ones are north right now?  I have a feeling that I'm going to see a lot of sleet.  It seems like the higher resolution models have found a warm layer in the column.

Euro is the only one NW of that line, so far, but it has led the way

Well forgive me our western friends but I REALLY want a 25-50 mile shift to the east.  You guys will be getting a foot of snow while it looks like rain for us.  Wouldn't you still be happy getting 9" of snow while hooking us RDU peeps up with a few inches?  If the roles were reversed I would be willing to share and be pulling for a NW turn :).

Man, I am so nervous today. Not sure what to expect. Have models showing more snow, some showing ice, and so close right on the line. And then I see maps from DT and the News 14 in-house model showing a big snow for here and less ice. JB also thinks it will be more snow here. And looked like WxSouth thinks more snow here and the ice will be in SC. I wouldn't mind a mix of snow and sleet, but I don't want a lot of freezing rain. I am worried about the trees in my backyard that are close to the house if we get that.

50-75mile shift would do wonders for Hampton Roads and RDU. There is nothing worse meteorologically than 33 and rain. It honestly would be better if this shifts farther west and makes us an unequivocal 40 and rain, lol.

33 and rain? For all that is holy give me 33 and rain in the RDU area! We are facing a major ice storm per the latest runs. Really really bad stuff.

Man, I am so nervous today. Not sure what to expect. Have models showing more snow, some showing ice, and so close right on the line. And then I see maps from DT and the News 14 in-house model showing a big snow for here and less ice. JB also thinks it will be more snow here. And looked like WxSouth thinks more snow here and the ice will be in SC. I wouldn't mind a mix of snow and sleet, but I don't want a lot of freezing rain. I am worried about the trees in my backyard that are close to the house if we get that.

Don't worry, unless the Euro is right! Then rain.

Noticeably colder and dryer air this morning in Chapel Hill. And breezy. The CAD wedge starting to take hold. However; I wondering if the warm nose as modeled might bring many folks to or above freezing for long enough Wednesday night to evade catastrophic ice accrual.

Yeah, based on the Euro, I think we'll be mostly rain after starting out as a mix of sleet/IP/ZR, which won't last long, maybe an hour or two. No back end snow either as it'll be too far west.

Archived