Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, GSP, that whole area is going to kill it.   :snowing:

RDU is just fighting for sleet, not frzn or rain, kind of sad...

I hate it for you guys, seems like the story of the last few years for RDU. I'm sure you will get payback one day, might be in 2055 but it'll happen. 

Oh I wasn't meaning you guys back east. I understand your excitement, it's the guys back west they are getting worried for no reason. 

Actually I am back West, near Easley, in Upstate. I guess I have a bit of a complex as it seems western upstate usually misses the big ones. Even though I have tried to temper my expectations, there is always the hope of another Jan 88, the one time I can think of where we were in the sweet spot. 

Actually I am back West, near Easley, in Upstate. I guess I have a bit of a complex as it seems western upstate usually misses the big ones. Even though I have tried to temper my expectations, there is always the hope of another Jan 88, the one time I can think of where we were in the sweet spot. 

You're due, hope you get hammered man. 

I'll take it! Pack just posted in the other thread that the UK didn't go east. That doesn't bode well for a legitimate trend. It's gonna be the US vs the world.

The UK didn't go more east, but it's already more than 100 miles east of the Euro, taking the SLP over Hatteras. Not great for RDU in terms of lots of snow, but it'll likely keep us out of the ZR and rain.

The UK didn't go more east, but it's already more than 100 miles east of the Euro, taking the SLP over Hatteras. Not great for RDU in terms of lots of snow, but it'll likely keep us out of the ZR and rain.

Yeah, I'm ok with the UK track. But it not moving makes me think the Euro is going to hold serve as well. I'd like to see it take a jog east.

Greg Fishel just said the latest computer models show the precipitation potentially changing to rain on Wednesday in the Triangle area. I wonder which model he's looking at....

That would be a kick in the pants for sure, still 48 hours from this starting, lots can change, right now the Euro is only model showing rain, but they all can trend to the Euro, they usually do.

Greg Fishel just said the latest computer models show the precipitation potentially changing to rain on Wednesday in the Triangle area. I wonder which model he's looking at....

I saw that also...It had to be there in-house model.  I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a little honking on the potential of this storm.  For the RDU area this is going to be a major impact whether it be sn/ip/zr.

I saw that also...It had to be there in-house model.  I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a little honking on the potential of this storm.  For the RDU area this is going to be a major impact whether it be sn/ip/zr.

Yeah, I agree. I just mentioned that in the main thread. They're usually uber-conservative over there, so that may be part of it. But they may be right. We tend to see all these extreme solutions and get wrapped up in the potential. But most of the time, the temp is just a little warmer, the qpf is just a little less, and the duration is just a little shorter than what we all had hoped, and we usually end up somewhat disappointed given our initial expectations/hopes. That's usually the way it goes.

Yeah, I agree. I just mentioned that in the main thread. They're usually uber-conservative over there, so that may be part of it. But they may be right. We tend to see all these extreme solutions and get wrapped up in the potential. But most of the time, the temp is just a little warmer, the qpf is just a little less, and the duration is just a little shorter than what we all had hoped, and we usually end up somewhat disappointed given our initial expectations/hopes. That's usually the way it goes.

So true...They are the professionals after all.  It's just a hobby for me and a crappy one over the past 3 years.

WxBrad's latest in-house model get's rain as far west as I-95.  Matches up with the NAM/GFS.  Who knows.  

Archived