Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have been amazed at the vast difference in forcasted amounts for my area, the upstate. Anything from 3-6 to 8-12 out there right now.   :blink: Honestly, I am getting a little concerned about my big one here, the trend today has been for precip to go further SE and looks like first batch tomorrow will completely miss us north of 85.  :cry:

Not sure what you were looking at to begin with. The first s/w was never going to be a big producer for the northern upstate. In fact, we would rather see the track just off the coast if truth be told.

At this point I'm not really looking for a trend that'll keep me all snow.  Snow and sleet would be fine but I'm really looking for trends to keep me out of the awful zr.  I haven't looked at soundings but would think the nam is not a lot of zr but more sn/ip.

The storm thread has turned into SE thread for CLT and points south, for us central NC folks we have been relegated to the banter thread, LOL

The storm thread has turned into SE thread for CLT and points south, for us central NC folks we have been relegated to the banter thread, LOL

Yep feel like about all we got left is nowcast in a day or two. "Hey! Look at all that brine being washed down the manhole."

Verbatim for RDU, it's a raging sleet storm, maybe 1-2" of snow, and 3" of sleet.  I don't think it's frzn.

Does this change anything appreciably for the Triangle area? What I'm looking for here are the words "more snow" or I suppose "more sleet" would suffice too.

At this point I'm not really looking for a trend that'll keep me all snow.  Snow and sleet would be fine but I'm really looking for trends to keep me out of the awful zr.  I haven't looked at soundings but would think the nam is not a lot of zr but more sn/ip.

We're all thinking the same thing.

The NAM is a great start for the most important 00z runs of my life. ;)

I don't think so at all.  The NAM is even more dangerously close to disaster for the Triad.  This has been very stressful.  I don't expect much sympathy for those on the ice side of things, but being right on the edge of the great snow line for 2 days knowing you have to stay there for 2 more days of model runs is pretty rough.  I'm really not sure we're going to make it.

Archived