Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM really mixes a lot of folks, hopefully it's to warm, but people say it's been really good this winter.

SN_000-048_0000.gif

RGEM has almost 2" of QPF into RDU just crazy...

PR_000-048_0000.gif

Since I stink at interpreting these maps I need some help. It appears that RDU does get a fair amount of rain, correct? I took weather and climate at Carolina because I find weather so fascinating but it was the lowest grade I ever received there. Pathetic.

Since I stink at interpreting these maps I need some help. It appears that RDU does get a fair amount of rain, correct? I took weather and climate at Carolina because I find weather so fascinating but it was the lowest grade I ever received there. Pathetic.

You should have played basketball.  You could have been running the storm prediction center by now.

Roughly on the RGEM it's 2-3" of snow, 0.5" of sleet, 0.5" of frzn and 0.5" of rain.  It's a lot of rain at the end, which would be a bummer, although better than crippling ice storm.

Who taught your section? I took meteorology courses there too.

They do, although a fair bit of it is sleet and ZR too. You can look through all the ptype maps here.

http://meteocentre.com/models/get_accum.php?mod=gemreg&run=12&type=ZR&hi=000&hf=048〈=en&map=na

From facepage....

US National Weather Service Raleigh, NC we are aware of the differences and will most likely be upping our snow total forecast for the triad but we probably will still be below the 10-14 shown here. Stay tuned to the forecast today for updated numbers.

Nice, and yeah I think everyone agrees 10-14 is ridiculous.  At this point I'd be thrilled with 6-8.

Archived