Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's the NAM at 60+ hours, I would be more concerned if it was wide right off the coast. It very well maybe right, and all the models tonight trend to a super bomb that tracks inland and we get cold rain. But, I didn't believe the 18z NAM run and I don't believe this 0z NAM run and I didn't believe the NAM runs yesterday that was giving all of NC 15" of snow which was modeled out to 60+ hours out. RGEM will be telling in about 15 minutes.

Yep zero consistency with the Nam so why would anyone believe in it at this point??

For some real perspective. Still ice for RDU on the NAM.

Soundings say this is mostly all freezing rain and some sleet for RDU. Brief period of rain as well and snow at the end.

NAM goes bonkers closes off the 500mb s/w at 84 hours, wraps in the surface low bringing a big surge of warm air aloft.

This is probalby another extreme solution. Holy cow the model waffles/confusion is amazing.

Yep zero consistency with the Nam so why would anyone believe in it at this point??

And not surprising but the RGEM isn't nearly as amped at 48 as the NAM is.  We are still 60 hours out, these mesoscale models are not very good outside 36 hours.  Now watch the UK/GFS/CMC all come in crazy amped, LOL.

I know he's trying to type NOAA, but he's done it twice now and he's just lying about things.  The NOAA has said no such thing.  In fact, RAH mentioned in their afternoon AFD that a Winter Storm Watch would probably be needed by tomorrow afternoon.

I'd like to see him back up his statement. Someone knowingly posting false information is a problem for me.

Archived