joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raleigh-Durham East/coastal areas is all rain and Charlotte and WNC 7.29-12.74 inches of snow. Columbia SC, 0.89 IP and 1.01 ZR. Atlanta 0.96 RN, 0.63IP, 0.13 ZR.

Greenville 13.05 snow.

Good thing I live on the west side of CLT 3.58 miles north of 85. Take it to the bank, my house gets 8.34 in and KCLT, being just south of 85, gets cold rain (unfortunately not our noble poster here, just a Waycross special)

D/T at wxrisk to have first guess at 11:00 pm tonight.

Just wondering if any saw Roberts video,wxsouth and if he put out a forecast map?

He hasn't put out a map yet.

I'll add this the TV mets pretty much have to list some kind of totals to inform the public. There's will likely change by noon tomorrow with better model data.

Robert will probably wait till tomorrow when he's seen more data.

NOOA.Gove saying little to no accumulation for Raleigh for the tinite event. WRAL reporting 1-3 inches but rain Thurs. Sounds rreasonable to me looking at the models.

This is the second time this guy has posted NOOA.  Is that a new organization or something? :lol:

Plus, this poster is just making things up.  The NWS hasn't said little to no accumulation.

D/T at wxrisk to have first guess at 11:00 pm tonight.

Just wondering if any saw Roberts video,wxsouth and if he put out a forecast map?

No.  Only to the degree that he described which areas he felt would get hit with what types of precip, but no total estimates or anything like that.

I do not expect any serious met to put out totals until mere hours away from the event (i.e. tomorrow night or more likely Tuesday), if even then, because certainly none of them really know what this thing is going to do and where it's going to do it.

Seriously, is RDU really looking at just getting a cold rain? Man, I really need to stop getting my hopes up. At least I didn't tell my kids to expect snow. Total bummer when they are let down :(.

Well it's the NAM at 60+ hours, I would be more concerned if it was wide right off the coast.  It very well maybe right, and all the models tonight trend to a super bomb that tracks inland and we get cold rain.  But,  I didn't believe the 18z NAM run and I don't believe this 0z NAM run and I didn't believe the NAM runs yesterday that was giving all of NC 15" of snow which was modeled out to 60+ hours out.  RGEM will be telling in about 15 minutes.

Archived