amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i might go to hickory if this looks like they could get a foot of snow while raleigh get's sleet. screw that mess. i can work from home on my laptop lol.

Oh come on, you wouldn't rather have 2" of snow with 2" of sleet/frzn?  I guess to avoid all this ice we need the GFS track or much further west track that would turn us to rain.  The CMC/UK/Euro seemed to be lined up together, but still 72 hours hour, long  way to go.

The UKMET looks like some crap I scribbled on my desk in school or something.  A weenie's dream...

I would expect most of us to be under Winter Storm Watches tomorrow morning.  There is seemingly very good model agreement now.  I don't see what there is to wait for at this point.  Even the crazy NAM was a big hit (in the former of IP/ZR), even with its inland solution.  RAH seemed to indicate that they were pretty close to throwing out a WSW this afternoon.

Oh come on, you wouldn't rather have 2" of snow with 2" of sleet/frzn?  I guess to avoid all this ice we need the GFS track or much further west track that would turn us to rain.  The CMC/UK/Euro seemed to be lined up together, but still 72 hours hour, long  way to go.

im kinda skeptical of the zr with this slp track. it is generally snow/sleet/rain in this situation. there will be a very small thinline of zr b/n the sleet and rain line. i could literally see raleigh getting 5 inches of sleet in a situation like this while greensboro get's 12 inches of snow.

each time a model run comes out people start saying its wrong, and not reality... can someone tell us which model is the right one. It seem everyone is hugging the model that show the best outcome for their back yard.

Welcome to the SE subforum.

Got to love this quote from one of my local TV stations:

On Wednesday the snow will move into the Piedmont. As of Sunday evening, it's too early to say how much snow we will see. But it is possible that we could see 2 to 3 inches with higher totals possible. So it's very important to stay up to date because the forecast will change as we work toward Wednesday.

Haha.  Way to take a stand.  I know that's just the nature of the business, though. :)

NM, just saw Brandon's post. I'm down with a big sleet storm. Never seen more than an inch of it. I'd like to think we would be able to lay down a few inches of snow first. It's just nice to see it pile up a little bit.

Over here we got 2"+ of sleet from PD II in February 2003.  It's not as good as snow, IMO, but it's pretty cool in its own right.  It's cool when it's coming down hard and it's so loud.

Got to love this quote from one of my local TV stations:

Haha. Way to take a stand. I know that's just the nature of the business, though. :)

Over here we got 2"+ of sleet from PD II in February 2003. It's not as good as snow, IMO, but it's pretty cool in its own right. It's cool when it's coming down hard and it's so loud.

Lol. Channel 12 and 2 said same

Somebody said WLOS met at 11 news had a map up with a foot over the Upstate, didnt watch wspa, wyff went 2-4 snow and 1/4 inch of ice on top! Tuesday looked good for an inch or two per his in house model run!

I thought WYFF had a good segment on the storm. Even though the NWS has been fairly conservative, the met highlighted the significant nature of the storm and the likelihood of major accumulations. I also though that the prediction of 4-6 inches for the mountains and 2-4 with some ice in the upstate is a reasonable estimate at this time.

Archived