joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some on here listened to "models" too intently the last few days and are now wondering what happened. First rule: Dont look at models too far out. They are just that-models.

I have no idea what this even means. If anything the models have gotten better for Central NC. 

Actually, that's the second rule. The first rule is to not listen to YOU too far out.

This. Now let's get back to bidness. 

Per NOOA.GOV for Central NC snow will be little to no accumulation. Per WRAL up to 3 inches. This will not be a big storm for central NC by any means.

I think some on here listened to "models" too intently the last few days and are now wondering what happened. First rule: Dont look at models too far out. They are just that-models.

K.

I do not think the NAM is shaping up to make a lot of folks happy.

Yeah, I'm hearing bigger and more westward phase likely, which sounds to me like a cold rainstorm, as I originally predicted. Except now, we no longer have anything interesting happening on Tuesday, so it'll just be cold followed by a rainstorm. Great.

I no longer live near trees, so I don't have that problem anymore!

Awesome! I however have a nice shield of them towering over my backyard, luckily no evergreens, so I'll curse them just for you during winter weather events, even if just in my head. I think a good sleet-feat is in store for you guys at the very least.

On one hand the person you're talking to has done nothing the last 24 hours but post about how Ryan Maue (sorry to lazy to spell his name correctly) posted a video talking about how amazing the Euro ENS is and why it should be given the most weight. Well now that the Euro ENS is giving high totals for CLT he has to find something else to hang his hat on. Some things will never change on this board.

I did not say Brad is right or wrong. He has meteorological reasons to back up his forecast and deserves fair respect and discussion.

I will take a stand now and state in my judgement he is a bit too conservative on this one. I feel 4 to 6 should be realized down in CLT unless WAA is more of a problem.

On the other hand Brad has really felt the need to call out people today that are promoting the high totals and do not understand the physics of meteorology. Brad calls it Wishcasting.

Give Brad some respect. That is a key foundation and principle of our board.

I did not say Brad is right or wrong. He has meteorological reasons to back up his forecast and deserves fair respect and discussion.

I will take a stand now and state in my judgement he is a bit too conservative on this one. I feel 4 to 6 should be realized down in CLT unless WAA is more of a problem.

On the other hand Brad has really felt the need to call out people today are promoting the high totals and do not understand the physics of meteorology.

Did I ever say he was wrong? I had a discussion with him today where he agreed with me. Don't mistake me disrespecting you with disrespecting him. You know what you're doing. 

On the other hand Brad has really felt the need to call out people today are promoting the high totals and do not understand the physics of meteorology.

I don't think anyone was disrespecting Brad. We all know he is a huge snow weenie and would love a dumping here. His first call was also discussed earlier, by burger nonetheless, in the previous storm thread and everyone agreed he had valid pts for his reasoning on the sleet vs snow call.

Stop being a puppet and posting what EVERYONE else but you is thinking or saying. Brad is going to be conservative and give reasons for it when this far out. With each new update he will up his totals. You hug JB, GSP, and Brad. Post your thoughts and opinions, brother.

Archived