Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the snow will collapse the roof.

This board has been a nice reprieve from this statistics HW today (using SAS, wonderful fun).

You were able to get work done? Haha I wish I were so lucky, when high impact events like this occur my productivity shuts down. I'm trying to get a paper about bears done before the 00z suite.

You were able to get work done? Haha I wish I were so lucky, when high impact events like this occur my productivity shuts down. I'm trying to get a paper about bears done before the 00z suite.

Well, I have some little done, but I lot left to go, haha.  It's due tomorrow, so it's probably going to be a late night.  SAS is kicking my butt right now (first time I've had to use it).  It doesn't help that I got a pretty nasty cold yesterday, but that's starting to improve.

BTW, I hope you have fun with Maple in Calc I and II over there at State.  Fun stuff.  :yikes:

You're in Lackmann's MEA 214 class this semester, right?

I know it sounds dumb but the air has a distinct "smell" to me to it when a significant snow storm approaches.  Always had it since I was little.  

It's out there tonight.

I say that to my gf and she always shakes her head and calls me an idiot...but I swear you an smell it in the air.

I always find it funny how creative posters can get to ask imby posts in the main thread.  Most of them we won't see again until the next storm when they're asking the same questions.

So that reminds me. Now if the storm were to trend say 50 miles further east would that mean locations ending in zr would likely end as just sleet or maybe all snow? :)

Wow! Why do people like to eat bread and drink ****ING milk during storms?

I've never figured that out either. I mean I guess bread makes sense but milk?

And after folks saw wsb channel 2 this evening I'm sure they will be heading out, he actually showed some model graphics with 6 to 9 inches of snow over in the eastern part of their viewing area/northeast ga. To see that on an atlanta tv station was mind blowing. Seriously...they are always scared to show anything more than 1 or 2 inches. Surreal.

btw southeast crew. Remember when it was just a few of us? Now look at the stats for our last thread. :o

Well, I have some little done, but I lot left to go, haha.  It's due tomorrow, so it's probably going to be a late night.  SAS is kicking my butt right now (first time I've had to use it).

BTW, I hope you have fun with Maple in Calc I and II over there at State.  Fun stuff.  :yikes:

You're in Lackmann's MEA 214 class this semester, right?

Ugh, Maple is probably my least favorite thing ever. I took calc 2 last semester and I have calc 3 this semester. Fun stuff......

I haven't seen Lackmann yet. I've heard about him from all of my professors so far, but yet to have a class taught by him. MEA 214 is taught by Boyles.

So that reminds me. Now if the storm were to trend say 50 miles further east would that mean locations ending in zr would likely end as just sleet or maybe all snow? :)

I would say it would stay zr.  The 50 mile shift might would help us from changing to rain.

Only the ones that like teams with a jerk for a coach who tries to intimidate the refs and teaches the players to flop, hand check, and set moving screens since the refs can't see them all and then he just yells and curses at them when they do.

There is a response about no-show classes, free rental cars and not being able to read some where that someone could make but I'm sure it would be brushed aside with an "everyone does it" :P

Ugh, Maple is probably my least favorite thing ever. I took calc 2 last semester and I have calc 3 this semester. Fun stuff......

I haven't seen Lackmann yet. I've heard about him from all of my professors so far, but yet to have a class taught by him. MEA 214 is taught by Boyles.

Oh, man, time are a'changing.  Lackmann was teaching that when I went there.  The forecasting contest was fun; I got a trophy for winning the class competition. :) I was a met major at NCSU for two years before I decided to transfer into economics (job prospects and because my GPA in my non-met classes was pretty mediocre... I went through Calc I-III, but Physics 208 kicked my butt.  I also realized that I had no desire to do TV weather and that's where a lot of the jobs are).

I will be graduating with a economics BS in May, though.  I'm probably going to grad school here, so I'll be in GSO for at least another couple years.

I can't deny that. I expect Duke to run away with it in the second half, 10+ pt win. At least that's based on what I saw during the State game. Carolina won, but was only bad as opposed to really bad like State was. Ugly game that one was.

NCSU alum checking in.

That was a terrible game, not to say I expected to win in the dean dome though...We were just nervous and off as ever. I DO however have high hopes for when we play them at home, we'll be hungry. Feb 26th.

Archived